Chapter Eighteen

The next morning I woke up to a horn blaring at the front of my house. I groaned and rolled over. It was only ten am, who the hell...

I slowly got up and peered out my window.

"Finally! Let us in!" Patricia yelled with Phoebe and Jill in her car.

Mumbling slight profanities, I made my way downstairs and let them in.

"What was that last night? You completely disappeared!"

"I know." I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. "I wanted to get Brandon out before someone called the cops."

"Oh, don't worry about that. Steve is Brodys friend that always gets his ass kicked at these parties." Phoebe informed me.

I stared at her. "That doesn't make it okay for him to try and rape random girls."

They all sighed. "Yeah, that wasn't cool. Brody kicked his ass personally after that." Jill interjected.

My brows rose. "So no cops? Brandon won't get in trouble?"

"Nope. He's good."

I breathed a sigh of relief. That's one less problem on my mind.

"Why are you guys here so early?"

"We came to chill and get ready with you. We brought our stuff." Patricia shrugged.

I nodded, having no problem with that. Then I realized that they didn't press the issue of Brandon and I was thankful.

"Oh! By the way, Brody was so not the best I ever had." Phoebe said, shaking her head. "I'm not sure if he was drunk or what but it was dull and boring."

My brows shot up. "Really?"

"Yes! He was plain old jackrabbit."

I burst out laughing at that moment. Phoebe didn't like the sex? It must have been really awful to cause that reaction.

I had no input in this seeing as I've only ever been with Brandon and to be honest, he was more than good enough. He made me feel so alive and wanted.

"So, I'm thinking a mini spa day then we start getting ready around three?" Patricia asked.

I agreed.

"Perfect. Let's get started."

We spent the next few hours after that doing each others nails with Jill's homemade mask on our faces.

"It's amazing." She had told me. "Really makes your skin glow."

Not that I needed to glow. Just the thought of seeing Brandon tonight made me radiant. I wasn't sure if he was still picking me up and I didn't want to assume but I needed to know.

Sitting in front of my bedroom mirror, the girls helped with make up and hair. They applied a more natural, nude, earthy undertone to eyes then a light cover of silver glitter. Eyeliner was applied to both top and bottom lashes along with mascara. They lightly touched my cheek bones with a light shade of pink blush to add a little color to my face then topped it off with a gorgeous shade of red lipstick.

My hair was next in line and Phoebe did a quick but neat messy-like bun. I put on my chandelier earrings and I looked at myself.

"You look hot."

I agreed. I definitely didn't look like myself. I looked beautiful.

The dress was next. The moment I saw this dress, all the others seemed inadequate. It was sexy, elegant and dazzling all in one. It fit my curves perfectly as if made just for me and I knew Brandon would love me in it too- or love me out of it.