Chapter 6

"Well,what do we have here?" I hear a voice say from a distance .

I kick my legs and thrash against the ground as I try to escape the muscular hands attached to the back of my throat and my shoulder .

"She's a fighter too Conner." the voice above me chuckles as he presses his knee against my back to try and stop my movements.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh" I scream as the figure above me digs into my spine with his knee cap .

After I scream, the weight of the man above me is thrown away and I hear a thud followed by a groan in the distance .

"Mine!" I hear a voice roar .

Now that the weight is gone , I don't give a moment of thought before I take off running into the darkness.

"Look what you've done;she's gotten away." I hear someone yell as I run through the woods.

The tree branches scrape against my exposed skin as I run with all my strength.

Behind me, I can hear a steady thud against the ground trailing not so far behind me. I can almost feel the breathe of my predator on my neck as I continue to try and escape.

Trying to lose whoever it is behind me, I make a sharp left and hide behind a tall, rough tree. My heart hammers in my chest and my breath comes and goes in gasps as I lean against the tree for support .I can no longer hear the hard footsteps behind me so I close my eyes in relief .

All of a sudden my body is alighted with sparks that race across my skin. I can feel the breathe of someone beating against my neck. As crazy as it may sound, I can't find it in myself to be afraid . What I do feel though is comfort and desire and I don't know why .

I can also smell an intoxicating scent that is oddly familiar . I recognize it from the t-shirt that the woman gave me earlier . My stomach instantly goes into a riot and it's not from hunger. I find my body drawing closer to the presence in front of me like a magnet.

"I-I didn't mean to trespass into your pack , I was just looking for somewhere to stay." I ramble to the figure before me.

"I'll leave right now , I promise." I plead.

The moment I spoke of leaving, I was pulled against the hard, muscular figure. The moment our bodies touched the sparks were back full force.

"Mate" The voice said as the person pressed their face into the crook of my neck.

My body seemed to mold into his like a perfect puzzle piece. I was tempted to get lost in the sweet sensation of this person's body so close to mine.

Then logic took place in my head and I pushed the person away. Surprised by my sudden attack, the person stumbled back and I took that chance to make a run for it.

"Stop running, go back to mate." my wolf said inside my head.

I didn't get far before I was lifted and thrown across his shoulder .

"Wrong decision, kitten." The voice of my abductor said .

"Let me go!" I screamed while ignoring my wolf. I hit against his back while he continued to carry me , ignoring the sparks where his skin touched mine .

I could see an upcoming light as he carried me back to the woman's house. I had long ago stopped fighting and waited until I could get my chance to escape again .

He put me down and opened the door to the woman's house while pushing me into the house with him following close behind.

"Where is she?" I hear Mary Ann say.