Chapter 16

P.S: sorry in advance for the grammar and spelling problems. Didn't have time to read over it . But any who enjoy...

It's been three whole days since the mating ceremony and Conner hasn't said a word about it. He barely even speaks at all, and when he does it's only to ask if I'm okay or if I need anything. How are we ever going to get past it if every time I try and bring it up he changes the subject.

My growling stomach interrupted my internal discussion and I decided maybe I'd come up with an idea while I ate. So instead of sulking in my room over the distancing of my mate, I slipped on a t-shirt and shorts and went down to the kitchen.

I was surprised when I saw a very pregnant Julie whipping up something over the skillet. Whatever it was it smelled heavenly and made my stomach protest in longing.

Hearing my stomach, Julie turned around with a smile on her face. "I was just about to call you for breakfast. Conner and Tyler left this morning so I guess we have the house to ourselves."she said as she waddled towards me with two plates in her hands.

"You should've called me I would've made you breakfast. You didn't have to go through all of that." I say while feeling bad about my lack of hospitality.

"Nonsense it's the least I could do for letting us stay here a few days. Plus I don't mind, Tyler never lets me do anything anymore so this gives me a chance to cook again."

"Bon appétit" she says.All of my thoughts fly out of my head and into my stomach as she sets the plate filled with a jumbo sized omelette in front of me.

She didn't have to tell me twice. I scarfed down the food and ignored the burning in my throat from the heat. I was almost halfway done when my stomach started to quiet down. That was when I noticed how unladylike I was being and looked up apologetically at Julie.

"Sorry" I said as I tried to eat with more class.

"Girl it's fine. You should see me with lasagna. It's not a pretty sight." She said while laughing lightly.

"But that's not the subject at hand right now." She says while looking at me with a serious face. "So did Conner say anything about what happened?"

"No, he's done quite the opposite actually." I say with a sigh.

"He hasn't said anything. Seems like he would've said something as soon as your dreams started."

I was shocked by her words.

"What dreams?" I ask. I haven't told anyone about the dreams I've been having,especially Conner.

Ever since the accident I've been having these horrible dreams about my old pack. Well more like their abuse. I guess what happened at the ceremony triggered them and now I find myself dreaming about it every night.

There not the same as the ones that I used to have, but worse. In these dreams alpha Stan, his daughter, and blondie have me tied up and they're all beating on me. The worse part about is that no matter how much I call for Conner, he doesn't come. And because of my begging they laugh at me and beat me harder.

"Abigail?" She asked with worry in her voice.

Her voice snapped me out of my daydream and when I looked up I could see the same worry in her voice on her face, clouding her eyes.

"Yes."

"All of us are worried about you. Conner told me how you shake and cry in your sleep. I just want to know what's wrong."

"It's quite a long story."

"We have all day and I'm a great listener."

"Well it all started when I was fifteen..."