1 - Fulfilled Dreams

Two weeks ago...

You awaken to the sound of birds chirping in the distance. A gentle breeze hitting your skin as you lay down on the grass, it was like the wind was caressing you in it's hands. You thought to yourself, "So that's why they it the Land of Winds,"

"No wonder."

No doubt, this was Mondstadt, the Land of Dandelions and Fine Wine. You've read books about Mondstadt back in your home nation, where the "Thundering wrath of her highness" oversees the land.

The only means of "escape" from your home was through books. A place of imagination, knowledge and fantasy. All the books you have read about the different nations of Teyvat, sparked your curiosity about the outside even more. After all, what is there more to do in the closed nation of Inazuma?

A day ago, you managed to plan an escape from your home. Taking supplies, food, your longsword and even your Electro Vision with you.

You set sail on a small boat, hoping it will arrive somewhere safe. Two nights out at sea... that's how long it took for you to arrive on land. To your luck, you arrived on the shores near Starsnatch Cliff of Mondstadt. Though you didn't recognize the place at first, the soft breeze made you feel like you were at Mondstadt, to which you were.

But this wasn't your initial destination, you wanted to arrive somewhere else... A place known to be the center of all trade and exchange — Liyue Harbor.

Tales of beings known as Adepti took your interest back in Inazuma. The thought of powerful and immortal beings fighting for the nation for thousands of years, it seemed a bit far-fetched for you. Yet the concept of it was very interesting.

It was your goal to meet an Adeptus, no matter how powerful they were, you wanted to meet one. And if you did, your childhood dreams would then come true.

Getting up from the grass, you decided to set your sights on the Land amidst the Monoliths.

If only you knew how to get there...

-/-/-

Present day...

"A Boat!?" A surprised gasp escaped from the young girl's lips "You escaped by a small boat? Really?"

You rubbed the back of your hair in a slight embarrassment. Though, it doesn't seem like something to be embarrassed about, you thought. "Y/N, how come you never told me this, huh?" The girl questioned you, as she placed her hands on her hips.

"S-Sorry... Xiangling," You apologized "I was just... a bit scared on telling you."

Xiangling — a young and infamous chef from Liyue Harbor — you met her near Dihua Marsh as you were arriving at Liyue after a week's worth of traveling. She was supposedly searching for new ingredients, but coincidentally found you climbing a tree for absolutely no reason at all.

She initially approached you by the tree, asking you on what you were doing. You were then caught off guard, and so you fell from the tree and landed face-first on the hard floor. Ever since that encounter, Xiangling would accompany you on your journey around Liyue in the coming week.

She allowed you to occupy an extra room in her house, and even offered you the food she would cook. You've met a couple of people on your journey to Liyue, but none were as generous as Xiangling. In exchange, you told her stories of your home nation. And she would always sneak in a question related to cooking such as: "Are the fruits sweeter there?" "Does Inazuma have the same ingredients as the ones we have here?" "I wonder... does the food taste different there too?"