2 - Melodious Flute

Hi Author-chan here!

I just want to say that this chapter is slightly off with its grammar. But if you've noticed, it's slightly longer than Chapter 1. So I hope that makes up for it!

If there's anything wrong, I will definitely correct it soon! I apologize!

(−_−;)

———————

"My Name is Xiao,"

"The Conquerer of Demons is what they call me."

"Conquerer of Demons..." you repeated in your head. The title didn't seem familiar to you. No matter how hard you try to remember, it just never seemed to click.

"Were those books I've read back at home useful at all?!?" You scolded yourself.

"Um..." you gathered your thoughts and asked "Are you an Adeptus, o-of some sort?"

Xiao crossed his arms, and took a deep breath. "It is indeed as you have guessed," he told "I am one of the Guardian Yakshas."

A Yaksha...

You had no idea what it meant, or what their role was. You just stared at Xiao blankly. Absorbing in your thoughts as you desperately tried to remember all of the terms you've learned so far. The deeper you dove into your mind, the colder your gaze at him became.

Xiao furrowed his eyebrows, wondering why you were staring at him with such a serious face. He just met you a few minutes ago, but that look of yours seemed a bit intimidating, even for him. He won't lie, it sent a small chill down his spine.

"Wh-what's... a Yaksha?" You hesitantly asked.

At that moment, it was as if arrows shot through Xiao's chest, landing a critical hit with each one. She basically dismissed his entire existence in one question, and it irked him bit by bit. He tried his best to hold it in. But it pained him slightly when she wasn't aware of what a Yaksha was. This mortal... why does she dare to irritate him this much?

You noticed the Adeptus' eye twitch slightly. Have you angered him? Did you say something offensive? You flailed your arms all over the place in a panic "A-Ah! I'm sorry!" you quickly apologized "I d-didn't mean to say that!"

He let out an exasperated sigh. "There is no need for an apology." He told you.

You can't believe you embarrassed yourself in front of an Adeptus. An Adeptus?!? Out of all people, why did it have to be an Adeptus?

Wanting to not humiliate yourself any longer, you got to your feet and ran towards the exit of the balcony. "I'm sorry Xiao!" You yelled, while running down the stairs "I'll maybe see you soon...!"

Your voice slowly faded away from him. Though, he still can't believe you left him alone in the balcony without any warning. If you were from Liyue, then he would think you were being disrespectful. But luckily, he gave you the benefit of the doubt since you weren't from Liyue.

And there he laid, standing at the topmost balcony, in disbelief over the encounter. He simply thought to himself "Such stupidity, humans nowadays..."

-/-/-

"Oh hey! Y/N!" Xiangling called out to you. She smiled and waved as she saw you run down from the stairs.

"If you're wondering about where we're going to stay," She said as she held two keys in front of her "I already reserved two rooms for us here!"

You arrived to where she was, standing beside outside the door of the lower balcony. You breathed heavily, panting constantly due to running so fast. Xiangling tiled her head in wonder, "Why do you seem tired?" She asked.