chapter 6.3

Peace you haven't been able to feel for a long time blankets you as you lie on your lover's chest, the two of you fresh out of breath. Such a revelation- him telling you he loved you was. And you want to savor the feeling forever.

It feels as if there was a thorn lodged in your heart, festering for months from your terrible, insecure thoughts and you've finally yanked it out. It feels like you can finally breathe.

Well, metaphorically. Physically, you may need a few minutes.

Mark's hair sticks up in every direction, frizzy from being half-dried and from your constant tugging. Nonetheless, he looks beautiful to you in the dim, lamp-lit room. His chest rises and falls in your embrace and your fingers work to delicately trace the toned muscles of his torso. Mimicking your movements, he grazes his thumbs over the blue-purple masterpiece he's painted across your neck and chest.

"Good?," he asks nonchalantly.

You let out a soft snort at the sudden question.

Men will always be men.

"Great," you admit. Heat creeps into your face as you recall the last hour or so.

You guess there's more benefits of hockey than just the uniform: the stamina and athleticism.

His inflated ego fills the room palpably as he shifts in the messy bed, tugging the covers more over your tangled bodies. Noises arise from the kitchen, probably from his other suitemates. Embarrassment fills you to the brim when you realize that everyone probably heard the two of you. You were far too busy caught up in your passionate feelings to consider this, and now it's come back to bite.

Huffing shyly, you hide your growing blush into the nape of your boyfriend's neck. Clanging of kitchenware resonates clearly through the room's thin walls. You can't help but distress over how clearly the others could hear you. And for such a long time too.

Oh my gosh. How will I ever face them?

Mark seems to sense your thoughts and lets out a light chuckle.

"Babe, we're fine. They all hookup all the time. And Yuna-,"

"I don't need to know, thank you," you interrupt sharply. Squeezing your eyes shut, you fight off the disturbing imagery.

Ten's voice drifts through the suite and the sound of the front door shutting rings through them with unnerving vigor. You jolt at the bang, stiffly turning your neck towards the locked bedroom door, as if it would reveal any answers. Mark looks at you, the confused expression on his face making it apparent that he doesn't know what is happening either. Slowly, he shifts up into a sitting position.

"You're fucking kidding me - it was that bitch?". The senior boy's voice cuts through the nighttime quiet abruptly. Struggling to stitch together the context of the overheard conversation, you force your sore body to sit up as well. From how it sounds, it seems like Ten is on a phone call.

You look at your boyfriend for confirmation. With a nod, the two of you mutually agree to silently withdraw from the comfort of the covers and get dressed.

"I don't - listen to me, do they know for sure?," Ten asks anxiously from the other side of the door.

With increasing concern, you hastily pick up your wet, discarded clothing. The cold, uncomfortable sensation makes you wince. Mark grabs your wrist, preventing you from putting on the still-soaked yoga pants. Shaking his head, he takes the garment and tosses it over his desk chair. From his dresser, he hands you a dry set of his own clothing.

The gesture makes you smile and you gratefully pull on the warm sweats and hoodie. They're obscenely large for your frame, but it's a sure upgrade from your sad, rain-ruined outfit. Mark ruffles your hair, cheeks like strawberries as he kneels down without a word to roll up your pants.