The Gourmets 06

THOMAS
...and if that idiot Kleber thinks I'm going to pick up the stupid broad from the airport, he has another thing coming!

INGO
(his mouth full of olives)
Maybe she's really good at what she does...

Thomas throws him a poisonous look and slams the plate down in front of him.

The doorbell sounds; shortly thereafter, Caroline enters the kitchen. She wants to drive to the airport with Thomas, in order to pick up Gina. Thomas tells her in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't dream of picking up that stupid broad and asks her to sit down. Puzzled, Caroline looks up at Maurice, who rolls his eyes and shrugs without saying a word.

In an attempt to change Thomas' mind and coerce him to go to the airport with her after all, Caroline says "Maybe she's really good at what she does..." While talking, she picks up his fork automatically and begins to eat from his plate.

Maurice looks at Thomas triumphantly, who abruptly pushes his plate toward Caroline.

THOMAS
Go ahead, help yourself!
I've just lost my appetite. And stop talking about that Yankee woman! (maliciously)
By the way, how's your egg-and- grapefruit-diet going?

In the background, we hear the noise of airplane engines.

Gina stands forlornly at the Munich Airport. Obviously, the station has forgotten to arrange to have her picked up.
She walks to the cab area on the look-out for a taxi big enough to transport her 10 large aluminium suitcases. She finally settles on PETER, 24.
He hoists the heavy bags into his station wagon and asks, "Bricks or ex- boyfriend?"
Gina, momentarily at a loss, merely shrugs.