6.

The end of their time in London was slowly approaching. The heavy clouds were slowly about to cover their lives and set another storm. This time more powerful, raging and lethal. What was an unpleasant visit of Zilpha, James pondered as he stood by the doorway one gloomy morning and observed Mary, who was reading book in sitting room. He needed to make sure, they will be safe. He might not survive this, he knew the risk. But for Mary's safety and for the safety of their child, he was willing to do whatever it takes. Once she rose her eyes, when she felt his presence, he held her gaze and came to take seat beside her on sofa, taking her hand, holding it. "Marry me."

Slightly she rose her eyes wider to see him. Surprised and shocked of course. Carefully she put her book on the side and turned to him. "Well... was about bloody time, cus I'm getting bigger and bigger," she chuckled softly and cupped his face. Looking deep inside his eyes, she saw fear and slightly narrowed her own in concern. Like realising the importance she leaned her forehead on his own and sighed deeply. "Tell me where and when," she replied with a soft smile.

"Tomorrow, Mary,"he answered, grateful for her being like that. Not making scenes, being animalistic, but not dramatic or annoying. Woman like, but brave more than adult man.

"Tomorrow then, father of my child." She teased him again and kissed softly his lips. "But please do me a favour. No Mrs Delaney,we had a different deal the first day we met and I want us to keep it that way. You asked me to do anything for you and I will," she whispered, brushing his cheek with the back of her fingers.

He nodded with a blink of his eyes. "Everything that is mine will from tomorrow be yours. Ours," he said. Lawyer he hired already made new copy about the new owners of Nootka Sound and Atticus with Brace had been informed, that if James doesn't make it, Mary will get all Delaney's fortune and she will be the rightful owner of Nootka. Letters with instructions were already on their ways, same as the one, that supposed to stay with Brace. Telling Mary about everything. James wished, he survived this. He wished to see his child. He wished to be with Mary. To see her eyes the moment, he would tell her, where they are heading. "Tomorrow then, madam Delaney," James smirked, teasing Mary.

"You also need a new hat." She reminded him, fixing the one, he was wearing on his head.

"I will ask Temple to steal me one," he said all serious, then with a scoff, he pulled her closer to him. Breathing in her essence. Never in his life could he imagine, he'd meet a woman, without whom he couldn't imagine life. And there she was. Sitting on a house he hated in the past and thanks to her presence, he could call it a home. He straddled her on his lap, just like she sat the first time on him in tavern. Leaning down, he cupped her belly from sides and kissed spot by spot skin on her cleavage up until her neck and through chin he found way to a smooth kiss on her lips. "I'd do anything for you too," he whispered into her lips, warmth from his palms spreading over her abdomen. "Anything."

"This one won't need a hat for now." She chuckled softly, watching him. Looking at his hands roaming her belly. Every next day James became more eager and excited to be a father. Maybe he didn't say it out loud, but Mary knew it. Maybe from the way he protectively enveloped his arms around it even in his sleep. Kissing his lips softly, she took his hat and wore it. "I put that on eye from the first day. Temple will find you new one soon." She smirked, trying to put it properly, but it was obviously not for her head, it was a bit larger.

"You can wear it tomorrow during ceremony, Mary," he shrugged and looked deep into her eyes. "Mary O'Sullivan," he said her whole name, even though he never asked before. But for wedding papers he found out her birth certificate and her family history. "You never said, you're Irish," he pointed out thoughtfully.