back to normal-ish

matt pov 

Walking into work today I have a lot on my plate to do and on top of that I have Harley here with me today, its the half term break meaning its come to work with me or his grandparents and the little devil choose to come with me, I know the only reason he comes with me is too see a certain someone but I have seen her in a while, I hope she's doing ok. Opening the shop I notice Ellie the receptionist pulling up and thankful she's here a little early, I have a bunch of paperwork that needs sorting out and more cars then I could imagine, too bad she doesn't know anything about cars as I could do with some help.  As soon as the shops opened I head to the back room placing Harley dinner in there fridge for later but knowing him he eat it before dinner time and come to me saying he's hungry, at least he bought a soccer ball to play with. Joining Harley up to play soccer was one of the best things I done last week, he has liked his training sessions and always comes back smiling, I cant believe he has a game Saturday well I do as he hasn't stop talking about it. Walking back out of the back room I already spot my child playing at the front, with Harley in eye sight I start working on the cars needing to at least get three of them done before end of the day 

"Callie I have a game Saturday, will you come please" hearing my son mention Callie name my head is quickly out from under the car and I'm on my feet looking for my son who now stood with Callie, looking at her I see she's fine but appearances are nothing compared to what on the inside, walking over to them I hear she say yes and now my son defiantly wont shut up about it, but the smile on my son face means everything. Watching my son run inside I stand outside looking at Callie making sure she's ok but as I look in her eyes I see a little light in them beginning to come forward and I couldn't be happier to know she could be ok, I have been worried sick thinking about her, I knew she had demons of her own that she needed to work on as the demons can sneak up on us at any time like Harley mother the demon herself. 

"I'm sorry I was MIA but I'm back to work now, I'm ok if thats what your wondering" Callie says looking down at her feet and then meeting my eyes, I don't ask what happened as I know she tell me when she's ready but I hope its before she gets too close to my son, I can handle a bit of heart break but my son cant, he's already lost a mother figure, I wont let him get attached or string him along. Nodding my head we both walk inside ready to get back to work, as I head into the front office I leave Callie catching up on the cars, theres a board in the room with everything that needs doing. 

Turning my back for half an hour I look though the door only to see my son and Callie back to normal like nothing happened, with Callie teaching my son what she's doing and how it is done. As I watch them I start to feel jealous looking at them both getting along laughing, realising that Callie can disappear for a week or two Im not keen on my son spending so much time with her, Harley has already got attached with her here, I would hate to see my son when she disappears for longer then a month. Watching my son get along with Callie I go back to work trying not to over think this, surely she wont disappear like his mother and leave me to pick up the pieces, letting my mind think of all the possible I shake my head finally knowing I don't want to listen to any of it, I know Callie wont do that, she likes my son, I think well the way she interacts with my son says something and they defiantly got along from the start. Forgetting about everything thats rolling in my head I try to focus on work wanting to finish everything so I can have the whole Saturday off with Harley and now Callie is she turns up to the game like she said she would, with it being his first game my parents are coming down to watch and I don't want my parents thinking I'm dating Callie, she's lovely no denying that and beautiful but she's not ready and I already have a responsibly to my son, he needs all my attention and if I can help Callie along the way, perfect. 

Finishing at the shop I couldn't help but have a smile on my face meaning I have an easy day tomorrow, sometimes I'm thankful Callie works here and knows what she's doing, packing my tools away I look up searching for my son only to see the him playing soccer with Callie at the front, they sure do get along. Cleaning away I close the front of the shop before locking all the doors and watching my son for a couple of minutes, he seems happy and I'm hoping Callie tries him out before we have to go