2

Percy's Thoughts After Dionysus' Announcement:

What about Rachel? What about her? The girl I have a crush on. The girl I was going to confess to.

I don't even like Annabeth. She's so bossy. So annoying. But at the same time, so prett- No Percy! You can't be willing to go into this! You have to put up a fight! But her eyes. No! Keep it together Percy!

Annabeth's Thoughts After Dionysus' Annoucnement:

Percy is so dumb! He never listens to anything I say! But his eyes and his hai- No Annabeth! You can't do this!

Maybe this could work out. But I really doubt it.

Third Person POV:

Everyone had just finished eating dinner and Percy and Annabeth were going back to their cabins. When suddenly, they bumped into each other. They both looked startled but they both wanted to talk to each other. "How about we go talk?" Percy prompted. Annabeth's nodded and followed him to his cabin. Annabeth sat down on the bed opposite to Percy.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Annabeth asked.

"Our upcoming marriage. What are your thoughts about it because to be honest, I'm not thrilled." Percy replied.

"Neither am I. It's not the worst thing that could happen, which would be marrying a son of Ares, but it's not great." Annabeth admitted.

"Yeah, maybe it could work out but I don't really think so. Do you think it could."

"I mean, maybe. And I'm pretty sure Zeus isn't allowing us a divorce anytime soon." Percy laughed at Annabeth's comment.

"Who knew she had a sense of humor?" Percy thought.

"At least not until Poseidon and Athena resolve their rivalry." Annabeth said. "We can possibly just try getting them to get along so Zeus doesn't feel the need to have us married. Or we could have them play along."

"I'm pretty sure they would refuse that or they would mess up their act." Percy said.

"Well, we have to either accept this or we have to figure some way out if this." Annabeth stated. "Do you have any ideas to unite them?"

"No."

"Couldn't have guessed." Annabeth muttered.

"What was that?" Percy asked, overhearing part of her snarky remark.

"Nothing." Annabeth embarrassingly lied. Percy had a suspicious look on his face but he ignored the comment and her answer.

"So, should we go and try to convince Athena and Poseidon to get on good terms?" Percy questioned, not sure about whether they should or not.

"Yeah, let's go."

****

Percy and Annabeth walked into the front of Poseidon's castle. "Dad, are you there?"

"Yes, I am." Poseidon said, appearing in the middle of the temple which startled Percy and Annabeth. "Why are you here, spawn of Athena?"

"Well, Percy and I came to talk to you about our arranged marriage. We thought that maybe if you and Athena got on good terms, Zeus might not feel the need for us to get married." Annabeth explained.

"No. I am never getting on good terms with that wisdom goddess. She is the bane of my existence." Poseidon refused.

"Please, Dad?"

"No." Percy and Annabeth walked out of the temple, defeated. One thought rang through both their heads.

"Well, then I guess we must be married. But maybe it isn't such a bad thing after all."

Word Count: 551 (Sorry for it being short.)