Hyejoo opened her eyes and looked up at me, a small smile tugging at her lips. "Were you staring at me?" She asked. I couldn't come up with an excuse, so I gave in and admitted that I was. She giggled and shut her eyes again. "Chae," she whispered. "Chaewon."

"Yeah?"

"Do you... like me?"

Of course I did. But what was she really asking me? If she was asking if I appreciated our friendship, then yes of course; but if she was asking if I had ever thought about kissing her... also yes. She was just enchanting. Of course, she was beautiful, but she was more than that. She was funny and kind and considerate. She was gentle and patient. She stuck around and didn't mind me spending time with her. She talked to my mom like she was catching up with an old friend. Her heart lured me in far more than her looks.

And that's not to say she wasn't pretty, because she was. Rosy cheeks, black hair, soft red lips... Intense eyes I could just fall into.

She waved a hand in front of my face. "Hey, I'm sorry if that was too forward," she said. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." She bit her lip and looked away. "I just wanted to know if I was the only one who felt something here."

"No, you're not the only one. Trust me, I... I really like you, Hyejoo. I just didn't want to say anything, you know?" I rambled, "This felt like the wrong time and wrong place, and I felt bad for liking you because I should've been sad for your friend, but I kept getting distracted by you."

Her hand reached up and held the back of my neck, gently guiding me down toward her. She stopped with our faces close, our noses brushing against each other. She stared into my eyes for a moment before she shut hers and finally closed the distance between us.

The kiss was short, but sweet. Her plush lips were so gentle against mine, so tender. She sat up and faced me. She brushed a strand of hair behind my ear and leaned in slowly.

"Can I?" She whispered.

I nodded and threw myself into the kiss. It was different this time, more desperate. She attacked my mouth relentlessly with her tongue and her teeth, biting my lip and pulling me closer. I wrapped my arms behind her neck and leaned into her, wanting no space between us.

Everything happened so fast and so suddenly, but after all that time I spent wishing I could do this, I was not about to let the opportunity pass me by. One moment, we were friends. But this was new territory, something unfamiliar. I couldn't call what we had 'just friends' after this. I was never the type to kiss my friends even on the cheek, let alone have my tongue in their mouth. But Hyejoo was different. She just drew me in.

She was irresistible. She was perfect.