4|: Control

Ootd^^

It was the day after and classes have started.

First years were gathered around a stone circle with Dowling in the middle.

"Magic lives in the very fabric of nature," she started.

"Here in our circle of stone it is magnified, the vessel tests your ability to channel that magic. Further down the line you may learn to connect with other elements, but your first year is all about the element you were born with."

She then begins to list the different elements and everything connecting to it.

"Now, you will all be starting from the beginning to control your magic but someday you'll be able to do imaginable things, for example, Isla if you please." She nods her head and I walk to the middle.

I take a deep breath and hold my left hand out on top of the metal bowl. As my magic flows out a small translucent purple ball of energy shows. I let it flow out until it's the size of medium sphere, then I push my hand up letting the sphere of magic fly up. It explodes into little particles and everyone's eyes turn a purple colour.

"Woah..."

Now instead of being in the stone circle it all looked like we were standing atop a cliff.

"Isla Being a mind fairy she is able to manipulate the brain by her will, as of right now we may be over looking a cliff, but in reality we are in the same place as before." Dowling walks around and points to me.

"Yes she may be more advanced than you but she will be doing the basics as well. I just wanted to show you all what you could be if you worked hard enough. Isla you may have a seat," I smiled and sat back beside the rest of the girls.

"Now I will only say this once so listen closely,"

"None of you shall attempt advanced magic. Magic is dangerous and if you lose control terrible thing will happen, the only reason I let Isla do it was because I was supervising. I'll say this again, everyone and I mean everyone will be doing basic learning, no matter how much control you have, because even if you do have control there's still a chance you won't." Dowling turns around and looks at us warningly.

"That will be all your dismissed."

"Hey Isla!!" I was on my way to the specialists training grounds honestly because I have nothing to do, so I decided I wanted to bother my brother and Riv.

But I was stopped by bloom.

"Oh hey, what's up?" I ask confused.

"That thing in the stone circle- how- how did you do that?" She pressed,

"I mean I've practised magic since I could learn to write so that kinda comes easy to me."

"Well, I've been having trouble controlling mine, if you didn't see," Yeah she kind of looked like a dud at the stone circle.

"So uhm how'd you- uh, how'd you do that thing with the cliff?"

"Bloom look I get it, I used to be like that too. But you heard what Dowling said, magic is dangerous," I started, she looked disappointed but I had to give her the truth.

"You look like you got a lot of shit going on in that questionable brain of yours." Bloom gave me a 'what the fuck' type of look after I called her brain questionable.

"You wanna learn to control your magic, get over that shit you've got going on." It may have been harsh but that was the honest truth.

I finally made it to the specialists and saw Riven and my brother watching some girl and I think Dane fight.

"Hello boys," I reach them and smile, Leaning on my left side of the mat beside Riven.

"Isla!" Riven smirks and places his arm over my shoulder, why does he always do this?

"Hey, what are you doing here? Why aren't you in class?" My brother looks at Riven weirdly and then looks at me.

"Aww you care about me," I coo and tilt my head. Sky doesn't say anything giving me the 'I'm serious look'.

"I just finished my class and don't have one for like 2 hours so I thought I would give my brother a visit." I smile and leave Riven to lean on the mat between the both of them.

"Hey what about me?" I looked at Riven with wide eyes.

"Oh please I barely missed you." I tease and he squints his eyes, smiling and then chuckles.

We look back to the two who had been fighting to watch.

Dane looked like he was getting his ass beat and it didn't help when Riven called out to the other girl.

"Sweep the leg!!"

Dane then falls on his back and I feel bad for him.

"Could you try being 50% less of a dick?" My brother sighs.

"Well I'd be 50% less fun."

"Please i think that would do everyone a favour." I don't bother looking and smile at the girl for her victory, her nodding and leaving the mat.

"Remember what a lost cause you were last year?" My brother begins and I cut in.

"Two black eyes and a sprained ankle, day one."

I chuckle a bit remember that. That was the first time I had met Riven and visited alfea. That was a good day.

"What do you want, a handy for taking me under your wing? I thought my friendship was reward enough." Riven shrugs a little annoyed.

Sky doesn't answer but walks closer to Riven,

"It is." My brother pats Rivens cheek and walks away.

I look back at him and see stella a little further away. Stealing my brother from me once again how fun.

"Hi Dane." I smile brightly at the boy and he looked a little stunned.

"Hey Isla." He says shortly sitting on the edge of the practice mat to look at his phone.

"Get off your phone." Riven warns a little playfully.

"And I'd listen to you because?" Dane spite back.

"Because, you full creeped on my Insta, Islas too."

This is a short one sorry I've had a busy day. There will be a long one either tomorrow or Monday.

PLEASE VOTE AND SHARE!🥰