Betrayal (Chp.15)

The next morning you got dressed and headed off to class. Almost the whole class seemed off, due to the news they were told just yesterday. It was obvious how nervous everyone was, and how on edge they were as well. But they tried their best to hold it together and carry on with class like normal. Aizawa soon walked in, still the same old expression he always had, and started class. Everyone did their work like normal, and carried on with the day like nothing was different.

It was now lunch time and it was significantly quieter than it usually was. Everyone still talked and chatted with others, but in a lot quieter tone. It was almost eery how different everybody was acting now that they knew that at any time, they could be attacked by the villains. But of course, the teachers didn't know. But they definitely knew that the class was unsettled by something. It was too obvious. After the lunch break ended, everyone walked back to class and sat in their seats. Aizawa followed behind and closed the door rather abruptly. "Okay class. You need to tell me what's going on, whatever it is seems to be affecting all of you." He spoke up. The whole class looked at him in shock, a few turning to face you. Aizawa noticed and froze his focus onto you. "Y/n? Do you know why everyone is acting so strangely?" Aizawa asked. You gulped. "Um... well-" you were cut off by Aizawa, who looked more agitated than before. "Clearly it's important y/n, just say it." He said sternly. "I...-" you sighed out of defeat. "The villains will be attacking the school sometime today..." you said as you looked down at the ground. Aizawa stood in shock. "How do you know about this?" He asked. "I'd rather not get into the details right now, the whole class knows as well. I'm sure you could tell." You said, looking back up at the now worried teacher. "You should've told somebody! Any of the teachers!" He yelled. "I know... I'm sorry, I-" you got cut off by a loud alarm going off, signaling that there was a break in. "Here we go guys..." you yelled out, facing the class. "You know what to do." you continued.

Before Aizawa could react or even call the other teachers, everyone ran out of the classroom. You were in front of the rest of the class, running towards the entrance, but before you could reach the doors you came to an abrupt stop. A purple portal opened up right in front of the door, out walking Shigaraki, Toga, and Dabi... "Back up." You told the class in a rather stern tone. Everyone slowly backed away to make room and prepare to fight. You couldn't keep your eyes off Dabi.. you didn't know what he was going to do. "Hey you!" He suddenly yelled. Your eyes widened. "Yeah you, y/n. Come over here. " he said with a slight smirk. "No!" You yelled. "No? What do you mean no?" Dabi asked, slowly walking closer to you. "I mean, no." you replied, shakiness in your voice. You could tell that really made him upset. You looked behind Dabi's shoulder and noticed that Kurogiri closed the portal and was now standing behind Shigaraki and Toga. "Hey, look at me." Dabi said, forcefully grabbing your chin. You began to panic, heartbeat racing, breath becoming more and more shaky. You looked up at him in the eyes. You noticed that instead of love, his eyes were filled with rage. You continued to look at him, tears filling the brims of your eyes. "Oh don't cry now, you know I won't hurt you.. well, in front of your friends at least." Dabi whispered into your ear, then pulled away and let go of your face. You let out a big breath, not realizing you were holding it. You felt a hand on your shoulder and turned slightly. "You okay?" Izuku asked. You just nodded and turned back to face the villains.

You all stood there for what felt like hours, when all of a sudden a few other villains that you didn't recognize came crashing through the windows. "Guys get ready!" You yelled. The other villains started targeting your classmates, when your focus remained on Dabi. Clearly, he was focused on you too, when out of nowhere he blasted his fire towards you. You barely dodged but quickly recovered, aiming your fire back at Dabi. "Oh so you want to fight me now?" Dabi said. "Shut up." You told him, gritting your teeth. You both exchanged a few attacks, when you started to look around. You noticed that Toga was nowhere to be seen. "Wha?-" while you were distracted for that one moment, in the corner of your eye you saw bright blue flames coming towards you. You knew you didn't have any time to dodge, so you tried to attack back, and push the flames away with yours. You held your position, constantly using your flames against Dabi. Your quirks were almost the same, so it as almost an equal fight. You heard coughing coming from behind you and turned. "I'm sorry Uraraka! I can't control it!" You yelled towards her. The smoke from your flames was starting to fill the air, causing of most of the people in the area to start coughing, gasping for air. While you were worrying about your classmates, Dabi let out extra force with his quirk, overpowering yours causing you to fall backwards onto the ground. Ow... you thought. You quickly got back up. You glanced over at Momo who was creating gas masks for the others as quickly as she could. Good job Momo... you thought, and gave a slight smile. You're focus quickly went back to Dabi, who was charging at you. You couldn't dodge, so instead you grabbed his wrists, and he grabbed yours as well. You both started using your quirks on one another. "Ah!" You yelled out in pain. "Y/n!" You heard someone yell out, but you couldn't focus on who it was right now. Luckily, Dabi's wrists were sensitive, because of the burn scars he already had, covering half his body. Plus, your fire was slightly hotter than his, so Dabi gave out before you did. He pulled away and let go of your wrists, which were aching in pain, because of the new burn marks that Dabi had given you. But you had to keep on fighting. You looked around for a moment while Dabi was preparing himself. Ha, I beat you that round. You thought, letting out a faint chuckle. You noticed that most of the villains that crashed through the windows were either lying on the ground unconscious, or just gone because they decided to run. The only villains that were left were Dabi, Shigaraki, and Kurogiri. Toga had to be around somewhere, but you haven't seen her in a while. So you continued focusing on Dabi, while the classmates that were still standing, took on Shigaraki and Kurogiri. A few classmates were on the ground, from overusing their quirks too much or just because of injuries. Some were out of sight, they probably snuck away to go heal up.

Dabi came at you once again, which this time you were able to dodge. He held his right hand out, so you ducked under his arm and to the left of him. This caught him off guard, and while he was still facing away from you, you turned around and kicked him in the back with all of your might. He fell to the ground, and slowly got back up. He turned around, wiping a small amount of blood off his face. "Nice one, y/n. I see you've bee training your quirk along with your combat skills." He said. You looked at him dead in the eyes, filled with nothing but hatred. No longer love. "Oh come on babe! Don't look at me like th-" you cut him off. "Don't call me that." you said sternly. His expression suddenly changed. He looked almost hurt. This did affect you, but you couldn't let feelings get in the way. "What?" Dabi said, slowly walking towards you. "I said, don't call me that. I hate you..." you mumbled, barely clear enough for him to hear. "What was that?" He said. "I said I hate you!" you yelled. The whole room went silent. You had tears in your eyes. Dabi looked even more hurt now. You felt bad, but you knew it was for the best.. but it was also true... you hated him. He was hurting you, and your friends..

"Well... I think we've done enough damage." A raspy voice said from behind you. You turned around. It was Shigaraki. Kurogiri opened a portal, and Shigaraki began walking into it. You then felt hands grab both your wrists and turned you around. "H-hey!" You tried to yell, but you began to cry in the middle so it came out slightly choked. You tried to get out of his grip but it was no use. He began to slowly burn your wrists again, as he dragged you closer to the portal. You yelled out in pain, trying your hardest to get out. The pain was so immense, your vision started to get blurry. You faintly heard someone yelling your name, but you couldn't make out where it was coming from. "Izuku... I'm sorry..." you managed to say before your eyes closed shut, your surroundings turning black.

Word Count: 1600