Afterglow

*Alarm goes off*

I woke up feeling groggy. I couldn't sleep for the life of me. I kept tossing and turning. The nightmares were even worse. I kept dreaming of Angel and then of Hannibal. It kept getting darker and darker until I saw a red hue of the unknown figure in my dream.

I got out of the bed to take a hot shower. I wash myself as if I was washing the impurities away. I still couldn't believe I let a man who's possibly up to no good impregnate me. When he stop responding, it triggered me even more. I don't know what to do with this child I'm having.

I get dressed, made breakfast and tea. Egg, potatoes, and chai tea always comfort me.

"This is going to be a long day" I said to myself.

I get a phone call from a unknown number. Reluctantly I answered.

"Hello?"
"Noel? This is Will."
"Hey, what's with the new number?" I sighed in relief
"It's....a long story. Anyways, how are you holding up?"
"Not good, I'm still grieving. I'm trying my best to not be stressed because of this seed I'm carrying."
"Ahhh, have you contacted him recently?"
"He ghosted. I don't know what is going on but I'm better off with out him."
"I see, again I'm sorry for your loss. I'm coming over next week to spend a couple of days with you."
"Thanks for checking in. I love you."
"Love you too. Bye"

Me and will always have awkward conversations on the phone. I feel like he's hiding something from me.

It was time for me to go to work. I took deep breaths as I was walking to the car. I pulled out of my driveway and head straight to work.

It was a rainy day on a Friday afternoon. My day was full. Paperwork. Parents.Grocery shopping. Group session. Home. In that order.

I wasn't looking forward to the paperwork.
I quit my job as a reporter to work a desk job. Better pay and more benefits. On top of that in 2 weeks I will become a manager of this company.

*3 hours in*

I finally got done with this paperwork. I had to attend this meeting with my boss.

"Noel! My favorite gal. I want to introduce you to the CEO of this company. Sasha!"

"Noel?"
"Sasha? My goodness I didn't know you're THEE CEO."
We chuckled and gave each other a hug.
"I take it you two know each other?"
"Yes, we go to group therapy together"
The meeting started and Sasha was presenting her new agenda to the team. As she was presenting, I saw this look in her eye that caught me. She smiled at me the entire meeting. It made me feel special but I didn't want to get my hopes up. I'm not ready to date.

*****

The meeting was finally over. Me and Sasha walked and talked to my cubicle. The meeting last for 2 hrs. I had 4 more hours until my shift was over.
"What are you doing later on?" Sasha said.
"Visiting my parents and grocery shopping. Is the group session still going on?"

"No its been canceled. I'd like to see you sometime, if you're okay with company?"

"I don't mind. You're welcome to come tonight? I'll cook. Stir fry and spring rolls?" I suggested.

"Yes! That sounds good."

*****

Finally it was time for me to go. I left work and head straight to my parents house. They we so happy to see me after so many years. Especially my mom. My dad is still fighting the feeling.

"How are you my dear. I'm so sorry for your lost." Said my mom holding my hand.

"I'm still putting the pieces together. I've been trying to keep it together considering I'm pregnant."

My parent still didn't understand how I let a man seduced me into sleeping with him.

"Is he still not responding?"said my dad.

I shook my head. My dad was disappointed that the situation had to go that way.

" When I find him, I'm killing him. Nobody is going let my baby suffer like that."

"Dad it's fine. He'll reap what he sow"

We talked for what seemed to be a long time. I finally left with a ton of homemade soup, and baked goods. I never leave empty handed

I still have to go grocery shopping.

It was almost 8pm and I'm finally home. I'm off for 2 days and get to relax. I washed my hands to prep the stir fry and egg rolls. I text Sasha to see if she was on her way. Unfortunately, she was in another meeting so she wasn't going to make it. However, she was taking me out for breakfast tomorrow to make it up. I put the food and groceries away. I decided to heat up a tv dinner because I didn't feel like cooking.

*****

I finally decided to call it a night. My eyes were getting heavy.

*door bell rings*

Who could it be around this time? I open the door and my heart dropped.

"Evening Noel."

"Hannibal" I stuttered.