Year 3 part 1

Hey guys. Please leave me a comment if you like the story so far. I'll add part 2 soon! Save the story to your library to get the updates.

September 1st. Aagin.  It felt like being home, but this time there was a heavy pit in my stomach. I was in trouble and I knew it.

Professor Dumbledore called for attention before I could catch up with any of my friends, so Rowan and I went over to sit with the Slytherins . Dumbledore mostly talked about the Ice Curse (that I broke by the way), but he also warned that tampering with the Cursed Vaults would unleash even more trouble and any student caught doing so would suffer “severe consequences”  He stared at me at that last bit.  Everyone turned to stare at me as well.

Back in the Slytherin Common Room, Professor Snape gave us our timetables and when I went to grab mine, he glared at me as if warning me not to step out of line this year.

“If you expect to earn Hogsmeade privileges this year, you will need to study harder and stay out of trouble Miss Bond”

“Yes Professor” I said quietly.

“Great start to the year” I mumbled to Rowan.

“Its about to be even greater” she said sarcastically.

I noticed Merula coming towards me with 2 new friends. . I recognized Ismelda Murk.  Unfortunately all the Slytherin Girls in our year shared a dorm and she always shot menacing glares at me in the common room.  She was easy to ignore though. The other Slytherin was Barnaby Lee.  I had seen him around, but he never spoke to anyone and always sat by himself in classes.  I only knew his name because he was always getting into fights with the other boys . I think everyone was afraid of him because he was so much bigger than all other 3rd years…. And most of the 4th and 5th years to be honest. He couldn’t be all bad though. He had a kindness behind his emerald eyes…. Why was I noticing his eyes?

“Welcome back to Hogwarts Bond. How did it feel to be publicly humiliated by Dumbledore at the feast?”

“Can we not start our 3rd year in another argument Merula?”

Of course. And don’t worry about Dumbledore and the Cursed Vaults. I’ll open them all before you ever have a chance to find them. With the help of my new associates Ismelda and Barnaby, all the fame and glory in the vaults will be mine.  I wonder what is in the next vault.”

“I hope it’s something that can bring back the Dark Lord” said Ismelda

“Maybe it’s something that can bring back Bond’s brother. On second thought, no one cares about that loser”

“I’d shut your mouth unless you want to duel again Merula. We all know how well that’s worked out for you in the past.”

“You got lucky, Bond. Next time we duel, you will be begging for mercy.”

“Didn’t you beg a bit when Bond beat you? I remember you crying, but I could have sworn you begged a bit too….” Said Barnaby looking a little confused.  It was more words I had seen him string together since…ever.

“Shut up Barnaby. Let’s go, this loser isn’t worth our time”. Merula and Ismelda went up to our dorm. Barnaby stayed back.

“If you mess with Merula, I’ll vanish every bone in your body”

“Why are you friends with her? She’s terrible to everyone”

“If what’s inside the vaults will make me stronger, than I want it. Merula is the most cunning witch in Hogwarts. The only way I’ll ever get into the vaults is to do exactly what she says”