Year 4 part 4

This is basically the first date sq, but I changed it up a bit.

At Lunch in the Great Hall, Tonks and Charlie seemed to be having an argument.
"Hey guys. What's up?" I asked them sitting next to Charlie
"Tonks seems to think that you and Barnaby need to go on a date. I don't want to get involved in my two best friends love lives"
"You guys have been so busy with Quidditch and the vaults, have you ever actually gone on an official first date?"
"I mean we've gone to the Three Broomsticks loads of times and we study together sometimes"
"That doesn't count. I'm talking like a real date. Get dressed up, go somewhere nice. By yourselves"
"Hmm....I guess we haven't"
"See Charlie? They should have a proper first date."
"I just don't think we should get involved...." whined Charlie
"Alright Tiffany, leave everything to us. We will plan the date and everything"
"Oh Tonks you really...."
"I know I know. I'm a really good friend" she smiled. She jumped up and pulled Charlie out of the Great Hall.
Barnaby came in and sat next to me
"Hey you" he said putting his arm around me "What's wrong?"
I burst out laughing "Tonks is making Charlie help her plan our first date"
"First date? But we have been to the Three Broomsticks loads of times"
"Yeah that's what I said. But she said that didn't count. We have to dress up and go someplace nice.."
"And Charlie is going to help?" he raised his eyebrows
"Reluctantly" I laughed
Hey curse breaker and...mr. curse breaker? nah I don't like that. well anyway... I hear you guys are in need of my services" said Andre. "You need first date outfits"
"How did you find out already?"
"Word travels fast around here. Plus Tonks ran into me on her way out dragging poor Charlie by the arm. So what style are you looking for?"
I looked at Barnaby and we both shrugged
"I dunno something...normal?" he said
"A classic date look. Perfect. I'll let you know when I'm finished!"
"Um ok." I mumbled "I guess this is happening"
Barnaby laughed "It's nice that they want to do this"
"They? You mean Tonks. Charlie is going to hate every minute of it"
"You're right. Why don't we head back to the common room and keep studying the creatures in the forest. We are going to need to talk to Hagrid soon."
"We need to make sure we are prepared. After Christmas Break and the snow melts we should be prepared. We can't go into the forest freezing. We will already be at a disadvantage. We can't make it worse."
"You're right"
"I'm surprised you want to study" I laughed
"The common room is usually empty this time of day" he winked
We grabbed some books and a spot on the sofa near the fire. Barnaby open the book to Acromantulas.
"I really hope we don't see those." I said "I hate spiders" I suddenly felts tickly legs on my neck and jumped and shrieked.
Barnaby laughed.  "It was just me."
"Not nice" I said still standing
"Alright I won't do it again. Just come here"
I sat back down "Alright so we should be prepared for these just in case. What does the book say about getting rid of them?"
"There's a charm. Arania Exumai"
"Great" I shuddered
"Don't worry. Hagrid will be with us."
I shut the book "I can't look at that picture right now"
I ran my fingers through his hair messing it up. He always kept it neat, but I loved messing it up. His lips were on mine and I climbed on his lap. He pulled my ponytail out and caressed my hair. I know he liked my hair down. We broke apart quickly when we heard the common room door open.
"Let's go for a walk outside for a bit" I said
We got up and barely made it out of the dungeons before running into Andre
"I'm glad I found you. I think I have your outfits ready. But I don't think you should see each other's. So Tiffany come with me to the transfiguration classroom!"
"ok. I'll meet you in the courtyard in a little bit" I sighed
I followed Andre and he showed me a black dress with a red wrap sweater, black tights and black flats. And a red rose for my hair
"Andre it's perfect. simple, elegant, and I can wear it more than once"
"You will look magnificent for your date tomorrow"
"Tomorrow?"
"Oh Tonks didn't tell you?"
"No. I know nothing about it"
"Yup tomorrow. 6:00 at Madam Puddifoot's tea shop"
"I've never been there"
"It's the most romantic place in Hogsmeade"
I went to the courtyard to meet Barnaby. He was talking to Charlie
"Hey guys"
"Oh hey. Look, sorry about Tonks...she really wanted to do something nice for you guys since you are always busy with cursed vaults and trying to do things for other people"
"It's fine Charlie. Really. I appreciate it"
"Charlie told me we are going tomorrow at 6 to Maddam Puddifoot's tea shop"
"Yeah Andre just told me too"
We walked towards the Magical Creatures classrooms. Professor Kettleburn let Barnaby come down whenever he wanted to help feed and care for the creatures. He made a beeline towards the puffskeins.
"I love these fuzzy little guys"
"They seem to like you too" I smiled. For such a big tough guy, he was really a marshmallow.
The next evening I was getting ready for our date. I left my hair down and curly since I knew Barnaby liked it that way. We were going to meet in the courtyard. He was there before I was. He had on simple black pants and a white shirt unbuttoned at the collar and his sleeves pushed up. I'm sure he argued with Andre on that one. He hated his sleeves all the way down.
"You're looking quite smart" I said "Though I always like how you look"
"I'm told these cheekbones go with everything" he smiled "I like how you look too. Tonight and always"
We walked hand in hand to Madam Puddifoot's. I could have sworn I felt someone following us, but no one was there.
"So this is it I guess" I said as we walked in the door. I don't know why I felt nervous. Barnaby and I are together all the time. Why did this feel different?
"It's....flowery"
We sat down at a table and Madam Puddifoot brought us some tea and biscuits
The bell rang at the door and 2 more people came in.
"Don't look now, but I think we have company" I whispered
"Is that Charlie? and Tonks?"
"Yeah. I think they tried to disguise themselves" I giggled "Let's just pretend we don't notice them"
"Pretend they aren't here when they are sitting right behind us... Challenge accepted"
After trying to come up with things to talked about, I asked Barnaby if we should just invite them to sit with us.
"We might as well" he chuckled "They planned this date after all. I think  they mean well..."
"Alright guys, why don't you come join us?"
"Um... no thanks" mumbled Charlie
"Charlie, don't be rude"
"Tonks. They're on a date. Let's just leave them to it"
"We can pretend it's a double date. Now c'mon"
Tonks pushed her chair back to get up, but when she did she bumped into a teacup display knocking the whole thing over.
"Oh dear" said Madam Puddifoot "Please watch your step on your way out" she said politely throwing us out.
'Im sorry. Both of you" said Tonks on our way back. "You know what they say about the best laid plans..."
"Well this isn't awkward at all... the four of us walking back together" said Charlie
When we got back, Tonks and Charlie went to their dorms. Barnaby and I went out to the courtyard and sat on the fountain
"Well that was.... different" I said
"I think they meant well... what do you think about stargazing" he asked. It was a clear night.
"I think stargazing is romantic at the right moment. Why? Is everything ok?"
"I just feel like you are going to give me bad news. I mean I couldn't think of anything to talk about on our date... and when you complimented me before I complimented you..I should have told you you look brilliant right away."
"It doesn't matter who compliments who first. We always have a good time together. and I don't have any bad news to give you.I think you're amazing. I love you"
He say there not aging anything for a minute. Should I have waited until he told me he loved me first? Does he love me back?
"No one has ever told me they loved me before." he whispered "I love you more than anything"
"I'm sure your parents have told you that" I giggled awkwardly
"No. They never did. Neither did my Gran. My parents didn't really love each other either. They were arranged to be married as children to keep bloodlines pure. They had me out of obligation."
"That's so terrible. I can't imagine being with someone I didn't love."
"I never felt bad for them until I met you and realized what they missed out on."
He put his arm around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. We walked back to the common room and we kissed each other goodnight.