Year 4 part 2

The next morning after breakfast, Rowan and I found Andre in Great Hall
"Hey there Curse Breaker!"
"Hi Andre! We need some fashion advice for the Celestial Ball"
"You came to the right wizard."
"Rowan and I need dresses. What do you suggest?"
"It just do happens I have time to style some outfits for you! Let me take some measurements and I'll put together so options. What about your dates?"
"Um good question... " I don't remember Barnaby mentioning anything about whaft he was wearing.
"Well you need to coordinate with your dates of course. Who are you guys going with?"
"Rowan is still deciding. But I'm going with Barnaby"
"I noticed you guys were hanging out a lot. Well Rowan, let me know who you are going with. I'll talk to Barnaby about what he's wearing"
"Alright Rowan, dress check. Next up: Date. And I know just who to talk to. Why don't you leave this part to me. Think of it as a blind date"
"I don't know.."
"Come on Rowan. Trust me."
"Oh alright. I'll be in the library"
"Thanks for letting me do this Rowan"
I knew precisely who to talk to. I ran to the artifact room and sure enough there was Ben hiding
"Hi Ben. Are you excited about the Ball?"
"Oh I'm not going. But I'm excited about not going!"
"Really? what aren't you going"
"Too many people. Too much Dancing. It's terrifying."
"Oh Ben you have to go. Rowan didn't want to go either, but I convinced her to go. Andre is going to style us. And our dates.... I was hoping you could be Rowan's date.... you wouldn't have to ask her. I told her I would surprise her."
"Rowan doesn't even LIKE me. Why would she go to the dance with me"
"Just as friends. I think you would have fun together since neither of you actually wants to go. Just show up for a bit and if you hate it you guys can leave. Andre will style you too! Go talk to him and tell him you are Rowan's date. He needs to take measurements"
After convincing Ben to go to the dance I went to find Barnaby in the Common Room.
"Where have you been all morning?"
"Getting Rowan a date and a dress for the ball. Andre is going to style me too."
"Speaking of Andre he asked me about what I was wearing."
"Yeah he mentioned styling you too so we would match" I laughed "I think he's a bit excited about it"
We started walking toward the courtyard when Penny ran after us
"I'm so glad I found you. Follow me to the greenhouse. It's an emergency" said Penny breathlessly
We ran after her as fast as we could
"What happened Pen?" I managed to say trying to catch my breath
"We forgot flowers"
"Flowers!? That's the emergency?"
"We can't have a Ball without flowers!"
"Ok calm down. B and I will work on the flowers. You go finish decorating the Great Hall."
"Thank you. Bring them up to the Great Hall when you finish" and she ran off
"Ok so we're on flower duty" I told Barnaby "Good thing Professor Sprout taught us 'Herbivicus'"
"What kind of flowers did Penny want?"
"I have no idea. She didn't say... What do you think?"
"I dunno... everyone likes roses right?"
"I think so... roses it is"
We worked for an hour on the roses and brought them up to Penny in the great hall
"Wow Penny this looks amazing" the great hall had been transformed into a starry night.
"I can't wait for tonight! I have to go find Rowan. We need to talk to  Andre about our dresses. Hey B, I'll meet you here at 7. I don't want you to see me until the dance."
"Um. Ok"
I ran to the Library to get Rowan and find Andre. He was using the Transfiguration classroom as his 'Styling Headquarters'.
Rowan was up first. Andre had chosen a beautiful pale blue bell sleeve gown. When Rowan tried it on she looked beautiful.
"Rowan! that dress is perfect! you look gorgeous."
"I feel beautiful. Thank you Andre. I'm actually glad I decided to do this"
"Anytime Rowan. Tiffany is up next. Your dress is behind the partition. Go out it on and see how you like it"
I went to try on my dress. it was royal blue and had silver constellations on it. It was more form fitting that I had expected, but it fit perfectly. I came out and Rowan's face told me everything I needed to know
"Tiffany, you look gorgeous. Like better than gorgeous. Barnaby is going to be so surprised!"
"Andre you have outdone yourself. Truly. I will make sure everyone knows who the genius is behind this look"
Rowan and I snuggled our dresses up to our dorm so we could work on hair and makeup. I pulled my hair back into a chignon and put on a tiara that Andre gave me to match my dress. I swept Rowan's hair to the side and curled it
"You're good at this" she said
"Believe it or not" I laughed "I rarely do anything with my hair"
At exactly 7, Rowan and I went down to the great hall. I saw Barnaby before he saw me. He was wearing a black suit with maroon dress robes. He looked so amazing. I stated for a minute before I snuck up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Excuse me sir but I'm looking for my date"
He turned around and said nothing for a second
"You look beautiful" he said spinning me around
"You look rather smart yourself"
He smiled. "Andre took one of the roses we grew and made a bucaneer"
"I'm pretty sure it's called a boutonniere" I laughed
I looked around and saw Ben talking to Rowan.
"I'm so glad they decided to come"
"Thanks to you. They're lucky to have you as a friend. I'm even luckier" he smiled "Let's go"
We danced, ate, drank butter beer and had the best time with all of our friends. Penny even convinced Talbott to come with her.
"Let's make our way out to the courtyard" Barnaby said quietly
When we got outside, it was chillier that I thought. Barnaby took off his jacket and put it on my shoulders. We sat on the edge of the fountain
"Andre knows about us"
"You told him?"
"Well he kind of suspected anyway..."
"I guess we are going to have to tell everyone eventually. I was hoping to keep it a secret for a while longer..."
"I wasn't"
"I thought you agreed we should"
"I only said that because you did. I want everyone to know."
"You should have said that in the beginning. We can tell everyone if you want to. Just be prepared for a million questions and I'm sure every girl will try to steal you away from me" I laughed
"Not going to happen" he smiled
He stood up, offered his hand to me and pulled me into a kiss.
"Hey guys" came a voice I vaguely recognized. Oh it was Tonks. And Charlie
"um. hi" I said
"So you two huh?"
"Yeah" I said "Since summer. We are going to tell everyone..."
"I don't think you need to. We all kind of know"
"Charlie..."
"I didn't say anything"
"He didn't need to. it's obvious enough. Charlie and I were just going up to the creature reserve. He heard there was a dragon up there. Want to join us? No you probably don't" she laughed as they headed towards the grounds
"I guess we don't have to worry about telling everyone then" Barnaby laughed "Bill was right when he said we couldnt keep it secret"
"I guess not" I shrugged "Now where were we..."