1.

George's pov

it was a rainy spring afternoon, puddles slowly forming over the light chirping of birds, and George, once again, forgot his umbrella in his apartment.

Running out of the little flower shop he worked in, George noticed how bad the weather was getting, he considered staying inside until the rain would stop, but he couldn't miss his daily stop at his favorite coffee bar.
he didn't even like coffee that much, but a cup of hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin were completely worth the cause. He'd do everything to see Clay, his best friend.

the brunette made his way down the wet streets, accidentally bumping into a bunch of middle schoolers, he didn't care much, the only thing in his head was making it to the coffee bar before Clay's shift would finish.

The music in his headphones was keeping him away from all his concerns, he was pretty anxious to see Clay, he always had a hard time being around people, but it got much worse after the first lockdown, he felt so safe staying in his room all day, but now everything was back to normal and he was forced to deal with his problem.

The sun started to set as George entered the shop, a familiar wave of the bitter coffee smell invested him, making him feel kinda dizzy.
He looked up at the counter, noticing how Clay wasn't there, he probably finished early today, George thought. He decided to still take a seat since the slight rain slowly turned in an actual storm and he had some work to do.
He sat at his usual table, it  faced a huge window, George liked that spot, he could get a nice view of everything that happened outside.
the brunette put his headphones back on, playing some chill music to help him focus, he was basically drowning in the coding when he felt something pressing over his shoulder, he quickly turned his head, scared and surprised by the sudden weight on his body. 

It didn't take him long to understand what that was, Clay's head was resting on his shoulder, observing George's work. they were scarily close, their noses were slightly brushing on each other's. Geroge felt the blush growing bright on his cheeks, a weird feeling slightly growing in his chest, what was that? WAIT DID I JUST BLUSH? oh my god oh my god wait- CLAYS FACE IS STILL THERE, its okay geroge its fine he's your bestfriend nothing weird about what just happened... George's mind was exploding.

clay

Clay  lifted his head, getting kinda scared from George's reaction, he didn't expect him to move so fast, the feeling of the brunette's nose on his was playing on repeat in Clay's mind, he slightly blushed at the thought of the older guy's lips so close to his. He ignored those thoughts and looked down at george, he was trying to cover his face with the sleeves of his kinda baggy hoodie, failing miserably to hide is completely red face.

He decided to brush it off with a laugh, and he sat on the other side of the table, facing george and his computer. They awkwardly sat there in silence, until clay finally brang up the coding, asking george about what he was working on. "It's just a mod, we're basically gonna get the gravity swapped every now and then, it was supposed to be done already, but i accidentally deleted it" he cackled at what the brunette just said. Was he aware he could've easily get it back?.

time went on, as the night was slowly falling and the bar was starting to close. Every costumer had left the place as both the guys were making their way home. 

Clay felt asleep with a huge smile on his face, knowing that he would see george the day after.

______________________________________________________________________________

HEY HI HELLO- okay this is the first chapter, i kinda hate it but i REALLY needed to start this off somehow, clay's pov was hella short lol oops sorry- 

the end was kinda shit but hey i didnt know how to finish it 😀

i probably spelled so much stuff wrong so point it out please lmfao

PLS LEMME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK

i also really wanted to thank emie for being patiente with me AND TELLING ME ABOUT THE COUNTER SCENE THINGY. im also listening to your playylist rn so if you're seeing this THANK YOU ILY <3 -cereal        

746words