Chapter 1: Taken

Third Person POV

Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo were playing in a park near their house. They loved playing there together, especially when they'd play heroes. The park was fairly secluded, so not many people knew about it. 5 year old Izuku loved the monkey bars and was always experimenting with new tricks, like flipping himself on top of the bars. He wasn't very strong, but he was nimble and agile. He seemed clumsy to everyone else, but he just actually can't handle a lot of weight. Katsuki loved climbing on things he wasn't supposed to, like hanging off the side railing or climbing up the slide. He was fairly strong and enjoyed doing things that made him look cool that other people wouldn't normally try.

Today, Katsuki and Izuku were messing around on the swing set. Katsuki was pushing Izuku, trying to send him high, when a man grabs the swing. A furious Katsuki eyes the man. He is dressed in a suit and a ski mask. Then he pulls Izuku off the swing and holds him by the neck.

"Come with me kid, or else this little guy is dead," the man says, his voice deep and rough. Katsuki follows along as the man still holding Izuku walks through a portal. When they reach other side, the man drops Izuku. He starts coughing and gasping for air. Katsuki runs up to him.

"Izu, are you okay?" He nods toward the blonde, still trying to catch his breath. The man in the ski mask had already left, leaving the 2 boys in a room with laboratory tables that things are usually experimented on in movies. Then, All For One walks in, ugly burnt potato face and all.

"Who the fuck are you and what hell do you want with us?" Katsuki spits, venom clear in his voice as his hands spark. Izuku does his best to stand and be brave, though he is still shaking. AFO is amused at how brave Katsuki is and Izuku is trying to be.

"I am All For One. I won't hurt you unless disobey. If you do what I ask, there will be no pain, no suffering. I'll give a few days to accept my offer, and I might give you second chance if you deny the first," AFO says, as he walks out the door. "But until you choose, you will not be allowed food nor water. I suggest you comply. You're smart children." AFO leaves the 2 boys alone in the room.

"What are we going to do Kaachan?" Izuku cries. He leans his head into the blonde's shoulder. Katsuki hugs the greenette closer. "I don't know. I know we should say no, but we can't live without food or water," he responds. Izuku looks up at him, big sad emerald eyes, cheeks puffy and red from crying. "Will we ever get to see our parents again?" Izuku asks. Katsuki hates lying to the boy, but doesn't know what else to say.

"We will, one day," he says. Izuku knows he's lying, but believes in his lie. Izuku and Katsuki think for a while, before coming to one conclusion. That they would get the other out, no matter what. So they decided to comply.

"You've made a good choice. This next part will be the only pain you receive if you listen and behave. We will train you to use your abilities and you will stay in our main facilities. We must now conduct the test. Get on the tables," AFO ordered. They did as he said. He strapped them in and scanned to see what quirks they each had. Seeing that Izuku had 0 quirks, he gave him 9 and Katsuki 8. You could hear their screaming throughout the halls of the facility for hours. They eventually both passed out.

Katsuki woke beside Izuku 2 days later. He shook the sleeping boy beside him, who stirred. "Kaachan?" Izuku asked tiredly. "What time is it?" A figure appeared in the doorway. It was a man with mist for head wearing a suit.

"It is 8 am in the morning," the mist man said. The 2 boys jumped back in surprise. "Don't worry, I will do you no harm. I have come to collect you for breakfast. Tomorrow you will start a training schedule to practice your quirks and train your bodies, but for today, you shall rest. Follow me please, so none of the others hurt you." They agreed and followed him to an abandoned bar and sat at the counter as he gave them eggs and toast with a glass of water. They quickly ate the food and drank the water. After they finished, they were sent back to their room with the mist man. The 3 of them sat in silence as the mist man pulled out some old board games.