playing along

pairing : harry x reader
type : medium
year : sixth year
house : Ravenclaw

harry's pov :
I was sitting at the Ravenclaw table, waiting for her to arrive. It was Christmas break, and we had both decided to stay here. Ginny's been spreading rumors that we're dating, but y/n and I both know it's not true. She's liked me since, second year, she'd do anything to get with me. And y/n would do anything to stop her. Y/n and I aren't really dating, but with the way we act, anyone would assume that. It's complicated with her. I heard the door to the hall opening, looking up, I saw her. She looked around until we made eye contact. She walked over to me and sat down.
"Hey, Harry?" she asked
"Y-Yes?" I responded, stuttering. She always made me nervous when I talked to her, she just kept getting more beautiful each time I saw her.
"Why are you at the Ravenclaw table? Were you waiting for me?" She asked me, though the last part was almost in a seductive tone.
Before I could respond, we both looked up to see Ginny, taking a seat across from us. Y/n just rolled her eyes and started eating her toast.
"Hey Harry!" Ginny greeted in a seductive tone, obviously trying to provoke y/n.
"Why are you here, Ginny." As I said that, her smirk turned into a frown.
"I just wanted to let you know if we were still going on that date?" She asked, while taking a quick glance at y/n. Y/n paid no attention to her. I choked on my juice. What date is she talking about?
Oh, that's right, she's lying. I don't want to embarrass her in front of the few people who were in the dining hall. I guess I have no choice but to play along.
This caught Y/n's attention. She glared at Ginny, and glanced at me.
"What date are you talking about, Ginny. Harry wouldn't ask you out." She spoke in an almost aggressive manner.
"Oh, Harry and I started dating! We're going out on our first date tomorrow." Ginny told her smiling, but we all knew it was fake. Um...I really don't want to embarrass her.
Y/n looked at me and smiled, as if she was telling me "Is that so?", without directly asking it.
"Really? And when did he ask you out?" She spoke in a manner that was telling me she already knew Ginny was lying. At that moment, Hermione and Ron sat down next to Ginny, across from Y/n and I.
"Hello, Harry, Y/n, Ginny!" Hermione gently spoke.
"Hello everyone" Ron greeted, sounding tired and began eating. We greeted them back.
"We were just talking about how Harry and Ginny are dating now!" Y/n told them. Ron choked on his orange juice
"Really!?" He spoke, Hermione glaring at him, bickering about how irresponsible he is for choking.
"Yeah! We just started dating. Y/n was really happy when she found out! Isn't that right, Harry?" Ginny lied, again.
"Huh? Oh. Y-Yep, she was." I played along. I'm assuming that triggered something in Y/n, because I suddenly felt a hand resting on my crotch. Startled by this, I slightly jumped.
"Are you okay, Harry?" Y/n asked, acting as if she didn't have her hand there.
"Um..Yes, I'm alright." I lied, giving her a look. Hermione, Ron, and Ginny looked at both of us with confused expressions.
"Anyway, did you guys study for the potions test?" Hermione asked. Ron dropped his food on his plate and had a scared expression on his face.
"We have a potions test today!?" He yelled. Hermione rolled her eyes. Y/n had started slowly stroking my crotch through my pants. I sat upright and let out a shocked noise from my mouth. She didn't stop, instead just smirked.
"Are you sure you're alright, Harry?" Ginny asked sympathetically. Y/n was probably starting to get frustrated with Ginny, because she started stroking faster, her grip tightened. I held in the moan I wanted to let out.
"Y-yeah. I ju- I just feel...n-nervous about this..um...t-test." I let out, The pleasure y/n was giving me made me want to moan, but I couldn't, because they would know what was happening under the table.
"Are you? I know how to make the nervousness go away! We could take you to the nurses office!" Hermione suggested, in a worried tone.
"um...n-no. It's- it's okay." I insisted. The pleasure of Y/n stroking me was too much. I let out a low moan, quickly covering my mouth.
"Harry? Are you sure you don't need us to take you to the nurses office?" Ginny asked, her eyebrows furrowed in concern. At that moment, Y/n stopped. I was confused, until I noticed she was unbuckling my belt and unzipping my pants. Oh no.
"Uh..yeah. Thanks, but I'll feel better later." I told her. Can she just stop talking to me? If she keeps asking questions, I might say something wrong and expose what Y/n is doing.
"So..y/n. Aren't you jealous that Harry asked me out, instead of someone like you?" She asked, in a tone that sounds like she's provoking y/n. At the moment, Y/n had her hand inside my boxers, and began stroking fast.
"I'm not, I'm really happy for you both! Say Ginny, were you hoping that it would make me jealous?" Y/n asked her. Hermione and Ron obviously noticed the awkward tension between the two girls.
"Um, Ron, Remember that thing we had to do before class?" Hermione spoke, giving Ron a look. Ron looked confused.
"Thing? What thing?" He asked her, oblivious as to what she was hinting at. Hermione rolled her eyes and dragged Ron out of the dining hall.
"I don't know what you mean, Y/n. If you're implying that i'm lying, you're wrong. Just ask Harry." She spoke to y/n in an aggressive way. Y/n just picked up her speed and turned to me.
"Is it true? Are you both really dating?" She asked me, the look on her eyes looked dangerous.
"um...yes. it's true." I didn't want to embarrass Ginny or hurt Y/n. Ginny smiled triumphantly while Y/n just smirked and picked up her speed, again. I gripped the table really hard. It took every ounce of strength in me to not make a sound. Ginny noticed and looked confused.
"Are you sure you're alright?" She asked, concerned. How many times is she going to ask that.
"Y-Yeah. I'm-..argh!...alright." I responded, accidentally grunting in the middle of speaking. I hope that didn't blow our cover.
"Okay...Y/n , I'm sure you are jealous, but you're trying to hide it from me." Ginny just wouldn't stop provoking her. I was so close to reaching my high.
"Ginny, stop it. If you think a lie like that would provoke me, or make me jealous, then you've underestimated me. You're lucky Harry didn't want to embarrass you, but I knew you were lying, and that he was just playing along." Y/n spat out, irritated.
Ginny just narrowed her eyes and stood up.
"Okay. But you'll see what happens. No one gets away with confronting me. You won't even see what's coming to you." With that last warning, Ginny stormed away, turning to give Y/n one last glare. I was still gripping the table, almost reaching my high, when Y/n suddenly stopped. I was confused.
"I'm not letting you finish. It's what you deserve for playing along." She said, and walked away. I just sat there, dumbfounded.

a/n : I finally posted! By the way, I love Ginny, this was just for this story. Also, This isn't my idea, but I forgot who did something similar. Again, this isn't my original idea!