Chapter 21: Land of the Free and Home of the Biggest Battle Gotham's Ever Seen

Hawkmoth stood in front of seven heroes. He knew it wasn't going to go well but he wasn't going down without a fight.

"Charge!" Ryuko yelled running at him with Viperion from the left. Chat and Ladybug came in from the right. The last three came from the front forming a superpowered attack.

Daggers flew hitting him in the front. "Pattern Alpha!" a voice called and he could see two coming in from the top red and green coming to his direction as a foot came from the middle. A yoyo wrapped around him while his cane was taken from his grip, he was surrounded with water that started to boil.

"Give up," Ladybug's voice growled at him as Chat turned his cane to dust beside him. "You have made high school a living hell for Chat and I so don't think you're getting off the hook too easily, give us your miraculous and the authorities will deal with you."

Superboy could hear a scream from above as a blob of orange came flying down at him, he went to catch her but fell to the ground as kryptonite was shoved in his face.

"Give me back my miraculous or else Super-zero here gets it," Lila said holding the kryptonite to his neck like a knife. Chat held Ladybug's shoulder in a tight grip. He had found love and there was no way he was letting it go. "Shouldn't have tried to save me, I knew that you'd try though cause it's what your type does," Lila snarled in his ear.

"It's what a good person does actually, you wouldn't know that though," Superboy said using her emotion against her, she was going to try and get closer and he could use that.

"Keep your eyes on Hawkmoth, he's got this," Robin said nodding to the grinning man turning his back on Superboy and Lila.

"Do you hear me Robin! I'll kill him!" Lila yelled getting angrier. Superboy felt her lean forward over his shoulder to scream so he leaned forward destabilizing her feet flipping her over his shoulder and he walked forward to Hawkmoth and into the water grabbing the brooch.

"You should have listened the first time," Superboy said squeezing the jem in his hands.

"I just wanted my wife back and with the jewels of the Ladybug and Black cat I would have got her back, it was all I wanted, for my son," Gabriel said and Chat felt his heart drop for a moment but then he looked at Superboy and what he could have lost and he knew his father was wrong.

"You're sure he wanted this? Did you ever talk to him about it, did you let him in? Adrien Agreste was just a front wasn't it, you wanted him to keep up the family image you had going even if it meant blocking him out of your life, you can't possibly live with doing that to your own son," Chat said getting closer and closer to his father.

"I had to, he couldn't know," Gabriel said. "Do you know how devastated he would have been? But it was all for her," Gabriel added and Chat's head sunk.

"I do know how he would feel, the answer is disappointed," Chat said before letting Ladybug take over in watching Gabriel again holding Superboy's hand.

"You did it," Superboy said smiling at him.

"We did it would be more like it, he's the bad guy and no matter who he is we needed to bring him down," Chat whispered hugging Superboy close feeling the Super's hands rub against his shoulders as Chat smelled his hair holding on tight to the waist of his hoodie.

"You'll be ok."

Ladybug handed Gabriel over to the authorities who were going to put him in Belle Reve along with Lila who would be kept in the minor section.

"Keep an eye on them, the liar will try to fool you with fake illness and injuries don't trust her," Ladybug said and Lila growled at her. Robin walked up next to Ladybug and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Looks like you guys are going to be stuck here for a while," Robin said smirking and Ladybug just laughed.

"At least there's nothing to worry about, isn't the gala tomorrow?" Ladybug asked.

"Yeah, I was kind of hoping that you'd be my date," Robin said and Ladybug looked over his shoulder to see Chat and Superboy giving a thumbs up.

"I could go for that." The two smiled at each other.

The pairs of feet landing could be heard from a bit over. "Did we miss it?" Nightwing asked.

"I think we missed it," Red Hood said sighing.

"Let's go get ready for tomorrow night," Red Robin said ushering the kids to the batplane.

"This is just the happy ending I was hoping for," Mar'i said to Kagami who smiled ruffling the now cooled hair.

"It's not over yet Sunfire," Kagami teased and Mar'i giggled needing tomorrow to come as fast as possible.