DIFFERENT

Melody's POV

"We are here" dad had said before walking to the front door, as if it was his own house.

"We are where?" I said still half asleep from the car ride, my face printed from the window I had been leaning on.

"We are at you cousins house" dad replied.

"Oh yeah our mysterious cousins" I said to my self, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Dad knocked on the front door, just as a topless man walked out with a tattoo saying blood and sand across his chest.

"Mel Mel!" dad called, causing me to snap back into reality.

The brunette topless man, stared at me with a smirk cocking his head to the side.

"This is your cousin Brax, Brax this is.." My father began,

"Melody" Brax finished his sentence, "I know I still remember you from when you were a baby" he finished.

I smiled as he invited us in, we walked into the house, out of the hallway was a small kitchen, a man was sitting on the kitchen table and two other men were sitting on the couch.

"Melody this is Kyle" Brax introduced the man sitting on the right hand side of the couch, Casey who was sitting on the left hand side and Heath who was in the kitchen" Brax said as he introduced me.

I looked over to dad and said "Why are we here and why are we living in a house full of men" my dad just smirked at me and raised an eyebrow, meaning for me to shut up.

It had been 3 hours since we had got there, Kyle and Brax had shown us everything and everyone there was in Summer Bay.

When we had finally gotten home I had fallen asleep, I could feel hands lifting me up and dropping me softly on a soft, mushy bed that felt like it was about to rip. It was dad, his dry but cold lips reached my forehead, as he kissed me he whispered quietly "Remember I will always love you and I will always be there for you". I wanted to say something back, but I was too weak and tired to do anything, so my eyes just shut without replying.

*
I heard a car engine outside and my eyes shot open, seeing the bright sun through my curtains.

It was morning and dad wasn't in his room and nor were his things, I started to freak out as tears rolled down my face. I knocked on Brax and his wife Ricky's bedroom door. I remember Ricky from when I was younger, she still smells the same.

"What's wrong"? Brax answered with sad and weary eyes.

"Dads not here" I whispered quietly, my voice breaking, just wanting my dad to be here with me.

3rd persons POV:

Brax looked at Mel and he could see her pale toned body shaking, as tears were running down her Sky blue eyes. Ricky stroked her short, thick blonde her trying to calm her.

Brax looked for any sign of where he could be, but all he found was a piece of paper saying:

BRAX,
it is time you take care of your own daughter she has to grow up with her real parents and has had a normal child hood with both parents like all the Rivers wanted but never got, but you can change her life.
P.S tell her I love her and I'll be okay.

Brax ripped the paper with disbelieve as he walked to Ricky and Mel. Mel's hands were wrapped around Ricky tightly as her face blessed into her stomach. Fat tears rolled down her face, feeling as though her world was breaking right in front of her.

"Did you find anything?" Mel croaked to Brax, as she got up from Ricky.

"No", he lied, "but he called me saying that he loves you and you need a better life" Brax said with anger as he saw the pain he had caused.

"So he doesn't want me?" Mel cried in pain, as she got up and quickly walked out.

Heaths POV

As I was walking to go to Angelos I saw Melody running. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, all of the sudden she tripped on a sand castle. I ran to her, only to see her skin paler than ever and her eyes red.

"Are you okay?" I asked a I lifted her up.

"No" Mel replied truthfully, as she broke down and started to cry very heavily on my shoulder.

I lifted her up and took her home.

When I got to the front door Brax and Ricky looked at me and were overwhelmed to see that Mel was okay, but she had fallen asleep in my arms. It was not after that I had decided to lay Mel in her bed, when Brax told me everything.

"Mate are you sure your ready for this" I asked Brax, concerned.

" Heath I have to be there for her" he replied almost sadly.

"So when are you going to tell her?"

"You don't need to" Mel said with with an angry face, I hoped you hadn't heard everything.

" Mel Im sorry" Brax said, heartbroken.

I stepped away letting them have some time together.

"So wait your my dad, and dad isn't dad" she asked.

"Mel I'm so sorry you had to find out like this" Brax whispered not making eye contact.

Mels POV

"Hey guys" Ricky said as she walked in, carrying shopping bags.

" Mel are you okay?" She said as she saw me crying, placing the bags on the table and walking towards me.

"Ar- are you my mum?" I choked out looking at her with sad eyes.

"Brax" she said as she looked at him

" I know I over heard Heath and dad, I mean Brax, I mean dad, talking" I sighed closing my eyes, "Is that why dad left?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah we wanted you back" Brax lied

"Why did you give me up" I asked quietly. Brax began to shift uncomfortably.

"I didn't we just needed to get you away for a while because it wasn't safe" Brax said with his eyes piercing into mine.

"Is it safe now?" I asked eagerly, not really understanding what he meant.

"No but I'm not going to loose you again" he whispered.

"What about dad who was he? " I asked, I felt bad for asking so many questions, but this was all just so overwhelming.

"Blake was a River boy. He was the only one of us that had a good life coming for him, he looked after you when things went bad, but things started to get worse that's when I gave you to Blake, So I could keep in contact." Brax explained.

"But you didn't keep in contact did you, you just left me even when things were better, I HATE YOU." I screamed angrily. I got out of my chair and ran out.

I could hear Brax screaming my name as I ran out of the house, tears streaming down my face. Only feeling one emotion, anger.