REVENGE

The next day
It was Mel first day of school and she was not happy. Brax had dropped her off and things were already not going well for her. She had punched a boy for no reason well at least that's what the at least that's what the teacher said when he called brax.
When school was over she slowly walked out to the car park. She saw Brax standing out the front of 'The General' , his ute.
"Care to explain what happened"
"Matt was being a jerk"
"So you punched him"
"Yeah, you would have done the same"
"No Mel, just cause your a Braxton doesn't mean you have to act like it"
"Wow say it loud enough why don't you" She said getting in the car
"This isn't over" He said getting in the drivers seat
"Whatever" She replied putting her earphones in
"No Mel" He said taking them from her "Your grounded for a month"
"What?"
"end of conversation"

She stormed off to her room and flung herself onto her bed. She lay there waiting for the tears to come but they didn't. She crawled under the covers and hid her head under her pillow where she lay for the rest of the night. When she woke-up the next morning the house was quiet. She reached for her bag to get her phone but then she remembered Brax had it. She got up and quietly opened the door. She could hear that Brax was on the phone to someone.

"Can you call me back as soon as you get this please, its important" He said before he hung up.f

Mel walked into the kitchen but didn't look at Brax.

"Ive got to go do something at the restaurant, stay here" He said

"Not much I can do considering you took my phone from me"

Brax ignored her and walked out the door. Mel waited till she heard his car leave and then snuck into Brax's room. to look for her phone. After a quick unsuccessful search she went out into the backyard. She kept wondering why Brax had changed so much over he had gone from caring about her to someone who couldn't care less. She kept walking until she got to the park. She went over and sat at the bench near the basketball court. She watched as the boys playing basketball then realised one was Casey.

"Bucket!" He called as he ran over to her.

"How did you know about that nickname?" She asked

"Brax used to call me that when I was little" He said "Why?"

"Its just dad," She paused "Blake used to call me that when I was little" She corrected

Casey smiled "I thought you were grounded"

"I thought you were grounded too"

"Hey no changing the subject, answer my question"

"Brax isn't home at the moment so why do I need to be there, its not like he cares about me anyway"

"What do you mean?

"I do one stupid thing and he doesn't want to know me. He'd rather worry about Ricky"

"Why's he worried about Ricky"

"You remember that note"

"Yeah"

"Well he thinks someones after Ricky so now he never leaves her side"

"He'll get over it soon"

"You know Brax pretty well right?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that"

"I need your help with something, Brax took my phone and I cant find it"

"Too easy" He replied getting up

"Really?"

"Yeah, come on" He said walking back towards the house.