REUNITED

"I can't find it" Brax said slamming the draw shut.

"It has to be here somewhere, don't worry" Ricky said coming up behind him,

"anyway we've got to get out of here before Adam gets home, what about at your house?"

"Maybe" Brax replied

Just as Brax and Ricky were about to go outside Ricky remembered something.

"I'll be out in a sec, just got to get something"

Ricky went back to her old room. She opened the door. It had that old stale smell to it from being closed for the last 12 years. Maybe being shut for 12 years was a good thing because everything was in the same place, nothing had been moved. She went over to her bedside table and opened the bottom draw. She shifted a few things around and found an old book. She flicked through the pages quickly. From what she could see, everything was still there. She went back outside where Brax was sitting in the car. She got into the passenger's seat.

"I got it" She said

Brax didn't reply, he just sat there and looked at his phone. Ricky looked over to see what he was doing. He was looking at a photo of him and Mel taken before this whole saga of events happened.

"We'll get her back don't worry about that, no matter what it takes"

"What if Blake's past has stuffed all this up for us?"

"It wouldn't have" Ricky reassured him

"What if I didn't give her to them, what if we had kept her, then we wouldn't be here"

"We wouldn't be anywhere" Ricky said "If we had of kept her we wouldn't have been anywhere, there's no way an 18-year-old and a 16-year-old could raise a baby with a job and nowhere to live."

"She didn't turn out that bad"

"She turned out perfect, she's our daughter"

"What's in the book?" Brax asked

"It's an old diary, I thought there might be something in there about her birth certificate."

"Any luck?"

"I haven't checked yet"

"Oh well, I'm gonna check at mums"

"What if Cheryl's still there" Ricky asked

"Then we'll deal with that when we come to it"

When they got there Cheryl was there. Brax walked in and went straight to the spare room.

"And what do you think you're doing" She asked Brax as he walked in.

Brax ignored her and kept walking.

"Oi, Darryl!" She said waking into the spare room, "What are you doing?"

"Looking for a birth certificate"

"Who's?"

"My...Our daughters"

"Your what?!" Cheryl said confused

"Mel, your grand-daughter"

"When was this?"

"12-years-ago"

"That's when you ran away. Darryl if you had of told me I would have helped you"

"No mum you wouldn't have, you would have kicked us to the curb and never wanted to talk to us again." Brax snapped

Cheryl went quiet. "So why do you need her birth certificate, doesn't she believe you about it or something"

"No, Docs don't believe us, and they think we'd harm her"