Chapter 3: What Happened After

Yui's POV-
"What did you do to her?!" Subaru shouts at me.

"I'm sorry I don't know what happened, don't hurt me!"

My legs back away slowly and cautiously and then my legs start moving and I try to stop them but I can't. I look down one more time at Taiyo, feeling guilty. Somehow I caused this and I don't know how or why. I run out of the room and down some hallways, when eventually I find a room that I think is safe to hide in, away from drama and life itself. Looking around I see that it's a music room full of many instruments, all of which I know how to play. I picked one up which is the guitar, I hope the boys don't mind, and I start singing the song lovely by Billie Eilish and Khalid.

(View the song at the top of the page)

Thought I found a way
Thought I found a way, out (found)
But you never go away (never go away)
So I guess I gotta stay now

Someone walks in and while I'm playing my guitar and still singing the Billie Eilish parts and when they unexpectedly start singing the Khalid parts. I'm surprised but I keep going anyway.

Oh, I hope someday I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces skin and bone
Hello, welcome home

Walking out of town
Looking for a better place (looking for a better place)
Something's on my mind (mind)
Always in my head space

But I know someday I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear

Isn't it lovely, all alone
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin and bone
Hello, welcome home

Whoa, yeah
Yeah, ah
Whoa, whoa
Hello, welcome home

I end the song with my guitar and I finally turn around to see who was singing with me and it was none other then Shu. His voice is amazing. It was full of emotion and soul, as if he understood what I was going through but how could he. I'm his prey and he's my predator.

"So this is where you ran off to. You naughty girl." He said sounding quite hungry.

"One your voice was amazing and two I didn't mean to run, I just needed to clear my head and I couldn't be around someone screaming and crying. I don't know why but it's like my body doesn't like it so I ran. I'm sorry."

"Ok I wasn't expecting quite an explanation but can I ask you one question?"

"Um sure." I said wearily.

"Who was your mother?"

I froze. "I-I don't know. She and my father abandoned me at the church was I was a baby. The church never told me their names or who they were only that my mother had long white hair with purple tips."
I could feel my heart rate rising and tears threatening to spill out as I was talking, but eventually I let them flow down silently.

Subaru's POV-
I got Taiyo to calm down and I put her back in her bed so she could sleep. She needed it. However it wasn't that easy she kept having dreams from when she was a kid that kept replaying in her mind. So eventually I decided to just stay with her and let her hold me like a teddy bear. It wasn't wrong I mean we're siblings and I was just trying to comfort her.
Anyway I kinda felt bad for Yui. I yelled at her like that but I didn't mean to I was just worried for Taiyo last time she was like this was when mother left us.

Shu's POV-
I listened to what Yui told me. That was sad and I took my mother for granted. I barely spoke to her and ignored her even though she was also quite harsh.

"Nice singing with you and sorry about your mum and your dad." I got up and left. I left a poor girl crying when I know what it felt like not to have anyone to talk to about it. I sighed and carried on. Why do I care anyway? I'm a vampire and she just my prey. She doesn't matter to me, not in a million years.

As I'm walking back to my room I pass Taiyo's room, which has the door open and see her lying on the bed with Subaru. Soon I walk over to them and quietly ask Subaru something.

"Hey Subaru, I'll watch her for a bit if you want."

Yeah thanks Shu."

We swapped places and he left the room before looking back one more time to make sure we were alright.

Yui's POV-
I get up once Shu leaves. I'm surprised that he stayed to even listen. Normally he wouldn't listen at all and anyway there's no point in crying. It won't help me get my parents back.
I stood up and turned the light of the room off as I too was about to leave the room when someone blocked the doorway. My eyes widened. I knew what was gonna happen but I don't like the answer. I'm so stupid. Why did I think that they wouldn't suck my blood anymore, just because of what happened with me and Taiyo.

My heart was racing. My head was pounding with thoughts of all the possibilities that might happen. Of all the brothers why did it have to be this one, right here.. right now.