Chapter 3: A New Companion

Disclaimer: The following is a non-profit fan based fanfiction. Rockman, Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, and all of its other franchises are property of Capcom Inti Creates, and Keiji Inafune, and is licensed by Nintendo.

Rising of the Shield Hero is owned by Aneko Yusagi.

Please support the official release. 

Chapter 3: A New Companion

Not wanting to miss this chance, Zero then dashed over to the area quickly in order to rescue the girl that was being held prisoner inside of the carriage. The knights that were driving the carriage were slipping and sliding all over the area that was covered in ice, thanks to Zero’s Blizzard Arrow skill.

Royal Knight #1: What the hell? Who did this?

One of the knights fell face first into the icy floor, then stood back up trying to regain his balance.

Royal Knight #2: I don't know. But, whoever or whatever it is, I’ll have their head!

The two knights continued to struggle on the slippery surface, until they both heard the sound of footsteps slowly approaching them.

Royal Knight #2: Halt! Who goes there!

Royal Knight #1: We need help over here!

Unfortunately for the knights, the cloaked individual seemingly ignored their pleas for help. They also looked up to see a guy that wore red colored armor that they have never seen before, covered mainly by a black cloak.

Royal Knight #1: Who are you?

Zero: Before you ask me questions, I have one simple question to ask you. What the hell are you both doing with a girl tied up in the back of your carriage? Don’t make me ask twice…

Hearing the mysterious man’s question made both the knights extremely nervous. However, one of the knights tried to remain calm and collected.

Royal Knight #1: Why should we give you any answers?!!

The knight tried his best to mock, but then a loud noise erupted the entire area and then something came flying right at him and clipped his side, as blood began to trickle out his side.

Royal Knight #1: What was that?!

As he tried to grip his side, the ground beneath them began to regain its previous shape and the ice melted away.

Zero: Hmph! Let’s get this over with…

After saying this to himself, Zero got into a fighting stance. 

The uninjured knight grabbed his sword and dashed towards Zero. Before he could take a swing, something hit his hand and it made him drop the sword. It had the same noise as before. The knight grabbed his hand, but before he could look at the unknown man, a full force kick sent him flying back towards the other knight.

Zero: I told you I don't want to ask twice…

Royal Knight #2: Know your place peasant! 

The knight gripping his side said while drawing his sword, causing Zero to sigh.

Zero: Seriously? You're still choosing to fight?

The knight growled and dashed towards him. When he went to slash at the Legendary Reploid, the sword hit something solid. The knight looked to see a white object blocking the sword.

The knight didn't have anytime to react as he was punched in the gut and in the head multiple times. Zero finished him off by roundhouse kicking him towards the other knight.