Thirteen

• Hailey's P.o.V •

"C'mon." Minho motioned Thomas and I to follow him.

We exchanged looks before following him into the woods and farther and farther and farther into the woods.

"Minho where are we goin'?" I asked.

"You'll see, don't get all shuck scared on me now Hailey." I heard his smirk.

"I-I'm not bloody scared." I looked around. "Just paranoid."

"Don't worry nobody is attacking you." He chuckled. "I'm sure Thomas wouldn't allow that anyway."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Thomas got all hostile.

"Whoa man calm down I was just sayin'. You guys seem close and I just figured you wouldn't let anything happen to her. That's shuck all Thomas." He defended. "I wasn't sayin' your in a relationship shuck-face."

We got to a small hut and walked in looking around seeing a lot of things. Chests, papers on the wall and a big table right in the dead certain. It wasn't very big. Looks that way on the outside but not the inside.

"I'm assumin' this is something for the Runners?" Thomas looked at Minho.

"Yep, it's the Map Room. We come here after every run and draw out the route we took today. Then we compare to previous maps to see if anything changed. Let me show you this." Minho went to the table and pulled the cloth off.

"It's the Maze." I looked at it. "I thought you weren't done mappin' it. At least that's what Newt told me." I looked at him.

"That's what he's suppose to tell you. He's suppose to tell you there's a way out. That you aren't stayin' here forever. He doesn't know about this. I've ran through the entire Maze and there's not one way out. I started exploring these outer sections not long ago. What I noticed is there were numbers written on the walls outside. 1-8. See but I think you guys might've found another way out." He stated. "Seein' I've never see that before. I think we've found something."

I let out a breath slowly, "And there's also a chance we could've screwed something up and Gally was bloody right."

"Hey don't let Gally get to you. He knows nothing." Thomas said. "He doesn't know what you did out there and where it's lead us."

"But there's still that one chance and you know it Tommy." I looked at him. "He'll blame you and me for all of it."

"Hailey try not to think that." He sighed.

I sighed before walking out of the Map Room and back towards the center of Glade. I reached the edge of the woods when Gally approached me.

"What happened out there shank?"

"Nothing Gally. We found a passage. That's bloody all." I rolled my eyes.

"What was all the noise?"

"The Maze tried locking us in but we managed to get out as you can tell."

"You don't know what you were doin'! You were clueless as usual!"

"At least I did something Gally!" I defended. "4 days and I've done more than you have in 3 years! I think you should try doin' things a little different!"

"How about you not suggest what I do shank!" He said. "Those rules have kept everything perfect but when you show up and break those rules everything falls apart! It's.All.Your.Fault." He said the last sentence.

"Hey it's not just her fault Gally." Thomas came up behind me. "I had something to do with it and you know that."

"Yeah your sister probably did to." He said.