going home

- 2166 words

*(y/u/n) = your username (for twitter)

—————

safe to say, brady wasn't going to be texting you anymore. schlatt had taken your phone and sent him a couple messages that managed to scare the poor guy away.

"did'ya pack everything?" schlatt asked you, leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed. he smiled at you, following you with his eyes as you zipped your bags closed.

"yes, sir. all ready to go. what time do you want me to leave?"

"i don't want ya to go, at all," he told you sincerely, moving towards you and placing his hands on your waist. you lifted your hands to his neck and pulled him into a hug, cuddling into his neck.

"we have to talk today," you mumbled. you wanted to talk thoroughly about whatever was going on between you two. clarification was needed, because neither of you were speaking your truth. you didn't want to take any of his words or actions the wrong way, and it would be easier to do that if he straight up told you how he felt about you.

whether it was friends, or something more.

"what about? are ya hungry?"

"about some stuff. not really."

he looked at you, confused. you didn't want to stress him out, so you just left it at that.

"ya wanna go for a drive?" he leaned down and kissed your forehead chastely. or what you assumed was chaste. you didn't want to read into it too much, especially not without speaking about it.

"yes, please," a drive would be nice. get some fresh air and have a last little bit of fun before you had to return home. you really wanted to stay with him, but he could visit you next time.

"alright. we'll leave in 5."

you got ready, throwing on one of schlatt's pull overs and an old pair of volleyball shorts that you had. you pulled your socks on and slipped into your shoes, waiting by the front door for schlatt.

he came only moments later, sporting a yankees hat and cargo pants with a sweater almost identical to yours. his taste was very... consistent, to say the least. a smile dawned on his face when he saw you, basically bouncing in your spot out of excitement.

"let's go," he said, opening the door for you and locking it when you both exited. soon after, you two were in the car, windows down and driving with no particular destination in mind.

after about 20 minutes of driving aimlessly, schlatt swerved and pulled into an empty target parking lot. you looked at him, confused. he met your gaze and smiled warmly.

"you said you wanted to talk?"

"oh, r-right now?"

"if it's okay. i don't want you leaving here with something on your shoulders," he shrugged, turning the car off, which turned the music off as well. you two were sitting in silence, he was waiting for you to speak.

"um, okay. i just want to know what your thoughts are."

"on what?"

"whatever this is," you gestured between the two of you, watching him raise a brow. he sighed, leaning back in his seat and raising his hat so he could run his fingers through his hair.

"m'not sure what to say."

"well, it's clear that we're... comfortable with each other. i mean, we've worn matching maid outfits. that has to be something," you took a breath, "right? i just want to know what you feel."