Chapter 2

[Heads Up: Tommy's "exiled mental state" (that itself needs to be a trigger warning), Swearing (I don't like swearing, but the child exists)]

e

Enjoy~

________________________________________________________________________________

"Lover?" I ask the boy as he drags me out of the forest. (Deja vu? 👀)

"You'll see." He mumbles. Even though I can't read him clearly, he seems stressed or frustrated. I nod, though he isn't looking.

As we reach the edge of the forest, I come across a feeling of nostalgia. Remembering the memory I discovered earlier, I recognize this spot at the threshold between the forest and flower field. 

It's been too long since I've been here. The feeling of my first time here has faded from my mind. "Why are we here?" I ask. He releases my hand to reply with a question of his own. "You remember me, right? If you remember me, does that mean you also remember Wilbur?" Tommy questions, facing me.

The name.

The field. 

Tommy.

Wilbur.

It's all too familiar, a broken record in my mind. 

Why can't I just remember?

The sudden snapping of a twig brings me back to the real world. My head whips around towards the sound. That was when I saw him. 

There he was, intimidating as ever. 

I recognize every detail of his outfit, from the top of his porcelain mask to the tips of his worn combat boots.

Dream.

"Y-you," I stutter, memories of his blood-stained mask rushing back into my brain.

He ignores me, staring at Tommy instead. The silence between the two was nerve-racking until one of them spoke up.

"Tommy." He said.

"Dream."

"Why are you this close to L'manburg, Tommy?"

The younger boy turns his head to the ground, not wanting to answer.

"You know the rules."

"I just..." He mumbles.

"Speak up."

"I just wanted to find Y/n! Is that so much to ask for? You've blocked me off from everyone else, you've made my life fucking miserable! What did I do to deserve it?" He snaps, tears threatening to spill.

"Don't tell me you forgot." He chuckles, "You started this war, you burned down George's house, you caused all of the problems. This is your fault, not mine, not Tubbo's, not anyone else's!" Dream grins evilly, knowing he has all the power here.

I open my mouth to speak, then close it, looking away. Surely he wasn't that bad... right? Maybe it's all a misunderstanding? I put a hand on Tommy's shoulder, attempting to comfort him.

Dream shifts his gaze towards me, his grin grows wider. "Y/n, oh y/n, y/n, y/n." He coos, stepping forward until he is right in front of Tommy and me. 

"So it was your last life, huh?" He asks, voice just above a whisper.

I meet his mask's eyes, nodding.

"I-I think so."

Tommy suddenly pushes himself between us. I let out a shaky sigh of relief. 

"I'll go back, just please, leave her alone. Haven't you done enough harm around here?" Tommy asks the man. He responds with a hum and turns around. Tommy and I look at each other, taking that as a 'yes.' 

As Dream started walking, Tommy reluctantly followed. I tagged along, not wanting to be left behind. 

We walked for a few minutes of silence before stopping at a nether portal. Its obsidian brim sparkled in the daylight, flecks of purple crying through the black. The portal itself was a royal violet, full of mysteries and different morphing shapes.

Dream stepped through the portal, Tommy following close behind. I took a deep breath, placing one foot in front of the other. 

After a few seconds of dizziness, we made it to the nether. 

I look around, seeing Tommy and Dream side-by-side walking across a bridge suspended over lava. Tommy glances at the lava multiple times. Dream kept an eye on him, placing a "comforting" hand on his shoulder every now and then.

The nether isn't as bad as I remember. The main detail I notice is the temperature. Instead of the scolding heat, I experience cold nothingness. No sweat dripping down my forehead, no occasional burn marks. I feel fine.

Suddenly, a hand grabs my mine, bringing me out of my train of thought. I lift my head to see Tommy, towering over me as per usual.

"You do that a lot." He starts.

I tilt my head, questioning what he's on about.

"Spacing out, I mean."

"Oh, do I?"

"Yeah."

An awkward silence fell between us, as we continue following Dream across the bridge.

"Did... did a/n do that?" 

His shoulders visibly tense, causing me to wonder if I did something wrong. 

"Not as much as you do... c-can we change the subject?" He asks hurriedly. 

"Did I upset you? I'm sorry if I did, I just wanted to know more about her... that's all..." My eyes begin to water, slightly blurring my vision.

"No, no, it's fine. It was just unexpected..." He struggles. 

"That's a word for it." Dream pitches in, indicating he'd been listening to our conversation. Tommy scoffs in response, crossing his arms.

The rest of the walk silent after that.

~

HEYYYYY I KNOW ITS BEEN FOREVER SINCE AN UPDATE BUT HERE YOU GO-

Question: Do you have any theories so far? If so, what are they? 👀 

Things to mention:

-THANK YOU GUYS FOR 100 FOLLOWERS!!! WOOOOO!!!!

-Chapters will be longer from here on out!

-I'll be writing more next week because of spring break

-philza minecraft blocked me :(

I can't think of anything else to mention so there-

go eat your nuggies my beloved children.

~Mystic :)