t w e n t y o n e

YEONJUN
Friday, October 25, 2019

"Sammie, I'm outside by the emergency exit." He records the voice message and sends it, putting his hands inside his black leather jacket.

Yeonjun is feeling nervous about this dinner. Sammie didn't sound right last night and he's worried that Mark did something to her.

He waits a few moments until he hears the door open and Sammie pops her head out, smiling at him sweetly.

"Hi, Junnie." She waves him over. "Come in."

He wants to kiss her and hold her. But Sammie stands on the far side of the room with her arms crossed at her chest, her delicate hand holding the collar of her turtleneck up to her chin.

"Are you okay?" He whispers, stepping up to her. She smiles and nods, but he knows something's wrong. "Sammie, please talk to me."

"I'm fine, Junnie."

She glances away, keeping her hand at her throat. But when she moves her other hand down, he sees a bruise on her wrist.

"Sammie-- What is this?" He grabs her hand but she yanks it away and crosses her arms again. "Did he do this to you?"

"It's nothing-- I just--"

But he puts his hands on her shoulders and levels with her. "Sammie, I'm not mad at you, okay? I could never be mad at you for this. This is not your fault. But I need to know if he hurt you."

Her chin starts trembling and her eyes well up with tears. She doesn't say anything but he knows.

I'm gonna kill him.

He steps away from her and runs nervous fingers through his hair. Sammie tries to take Yeonjun's hand, but his chest fills up with anger, rage--

I'm gonna kill him.

"Junnie, please..."

"Does he know about us?" he asks her, and she nods quietly. "Is that why he did this?"

"I didn't tell him anything, but he got suspicious-- I denied everything but when he started asking questions he became aggressive, and--"

She drops her head on his chest, letting the tears flow as he wraps his arms around her, patting the hair on her head. He tells her it's okay, that it's not her fault.

But it's not okay. Yeonjun feels a rage welling up inside him that he's never felt before.

I'm gonna kill him.

🌼🌼🌼🌼

Yeonjun comforts Sammie without asking any questions. He just holds her, quietly seething inside, trying to keep his cool before he sees Mark. He knows he needs to be careful-- He can't let his anger get to him.

But fuck does he want to break his face.

"I should probably go back and redo my makeup." Sammie pulls away from him and wipes the tears from her face quickly, trying to smile. "Do you wanna wait here?"

There's something she's not telling me.

"No, I'll go with you," he answers quickly, afraid to let her go back by herself. "Tell Mark I got here early and you ran into me in the hallway."

"Um— okay." She agrees, and they walk up the stairs to go back to her apartment.

When she opens the door, Yeonjun can smell the lasagna baking in the oven. Sammie asks him to take it out when the oven starts beeping.