part 2

He started to laugh as he was running, which only made me more irritated with him.
My feet started to pick up speed after I processed what he just did and went off running after him.

Hanako was just about over halfway down the long hallway when I started laughing along with him. I was determined to catch up, so I sprinted the rest of the way to him.

Though while I was running, my clumsy self got the best of me.

Out of nowhere I tripped over air just as my hand was just about to reach him. That trip made my feet get a bit of a boost to help balance myself back to normal, but my instincts didn't get along with that very well.
As I went flying for a split second, I accidentally pushed him on the shoulder, which caused him to turn around forcefully and sent him flying as well.

We tumbled onto the floor, and I looked up in a daze.

Hanako was laying on top of me, also dizzy from the tumble.

As soon as he was out of the toss, he pushed his hands against the floor right next to my head, landing us in a top-and-bottom situation.
He glanced up to meet my eyes, filled
with hunger and dizziness.

And for a moment,
I forgot he was dead.

I could feel my temperature climb.

This is such a nice view, I thought.
It's almost as if I want him to...

Just as quick as he entered that state, he was pulled out of it.

We were both big, flustered messes as we pulled away from this position and stood back up.
"Oh my gosh, Y/N, I-I'm so sorry...!"
Hanako struggled to hold eye contact with me.
"This is my fault, I shouldn't have-"

"It's okay, Hanako."
I stopped him mid sentence.

He looked at me, but this time his eyes were full of embarrassment.
Did I still see a bit of hunger mixed with happiness in there?

"Honestly, I didn't mind-" I felt a giggle come up from my throat, but I pushed it back down. I didn't need this to be anymore awkward than it already was.

"Oh... okay."
He broke the eye contact to look back down at the floor.

We walked along the rest of the way to the end of the hall, where I went to the front office on this side of the building. I looked behind to see if Hanako was still following, but I didn't see any sign of him.

Part of me wanted him to come back.

After I went back to chemistry, I decided to confront him about what happened in the hallway after school was over.