⟱𝑠𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑚⟰

𝑠𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑚

"𝐼𝑇  𝑀𝐸𝐴𝑁𝑇  𝑂𝑁𝐸  𝑂𝐹  𝑇𝑊𝑂  𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺𝑆: 𝑀𝑈𝑅𝐷𝐸𝑅  𝑂𝑅  𝑆𝐸𝑋"

𑁍✰☼︎✰𑁍

When Lexi was 8, her mom moved her and her brother down to sunshine Florida to escape the cold climate of her father and Long Island. Her best friend at the small catholic school she attended screamed and cried as she walked away from the bus stop that day, to the black suburban that would take her to paradise, but the shriek that pierced the air was the words "You're so two-faced!" broke through and was sharp enough to kill a man.

She never forgot those words, even as she forgot the girl's face, but she knew it wasn't true.

Lexi had many more than two faces, practically one for everyone she met. Innocent to deadly, doe-eyed to daggers, she could have won Oscars with all the roles she played. She had never met someone do it better than her.

Until she met the two-headed dog.

A man with white hair and a braided beard to match appeared from behind the dog, his cowboy hat tipped on his head. He radiated power, and immediately, she knew he wasn't mortal. She scanned him up and down before looking over to her companions. Percy looked the man straight in the eyes, as if daring him to make a move, while Annabeth was still sizing the man up. Grover seemed preoccupied with the surrounding, and poor Tyson seemed hesitant to look anywhere but the malicious dog.

'Heel, Orthus,' he told the dog, not that it did anything, with the dog still menacingly growling at all of them before sitting down at its master's feet.

The man looked the group up and down, eyes lingering on Lexi for a moment more. She couldn't tell whether he could tell she was supposed to be dead or was just a perv.

'What've we got here?' he finally asked. 'Cattle rustlers?'

Lexi almost answered with a biting remark, but Annabeth beat her to it with a much nicer testament.

'Just travellers,' Annabeth said. 'We're on a quest.'

The man's eyes seemed to linger on Tyson and Grover before looking back to us. "Half-Bloods? All of y'all?"

Lexi took this opportunity to step up, "Yes sir!" she said, drawing out as much of her southern twang as possible.

(Not that there was much, with Florida being the dumpster fire of the south and her mom's long island roots)