ONE ━ TRAVELING

❝ is harry home? ❞
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
chapter one

𝙃arumi knew two things she should look out for when she goes to Harry's house. One, make sure you don't step on the grass aunt Petunia slaved over. And two, don't ever come in the wee hours of the morning. But that morning, Rumi couldn't help it. It was the World Cup and she wasn't going to arrive late, besides, she'd miss the Portkey and she doesn't know what her parents would do, should they miss it. She doesn't know how they'd get there. And trust Rumi when she says you don't want to experience Asuka's wrath. Just trust her on this one.

The day began with Rumi trekking next door, pulling her coat closer as a sharp, icy wind blew on her cheeks and she took a deep breath in, looking at the white door. Remember, you're a Gryffindor. She reminded herself and she raised her knuckles, ready to knock but she only stopped mid-air, stepping back before she sighed. What would Nymphadora do? She wondered. Nymphadora was now out in the real world, though when Rumi started, she was a seventh year Hufflepuff and took her and Harry under her wing, showing them the ropes, as she said. Kick down the door and barge in there, screaming Harry's name and trip while doing it. That's for sure.

Rumi snorted, shaking her head before glancing down at the watch on her wrist and she sighed, heart racing as she raises her knuckles again and she knocked three times. The door swung open a few minutes later, revealing a sleepy Dudley and Rumi blushed when she noticed that he was shirtless. It wasn't really a sight to behold, as he was on the chubby side but it made her blush nevertheless.

"Hi, sorry to bother you so early in the morning." Rumi breathed out. "Is Harry home?" She stupidly asked, and then hoped Dudley won't look at her red cheeks. This is why Nymphadora Tonks should never be your mentor.

"He lives here, where else would he be? You're the only freak who cares for him." Rumi let that one slide because a, she liked Dudley despite him being a dick and b, she wasn't the only one who cared for Harry but she wasn't going to correct him.

"Can I come in?" She asked, pulling the coat closer again and Dudley eyed her weird before stepping aside, letting her in.

"Upstairs, first door on your left, it's his room." He told her in a much kinder voice. Rumi was used to his on and off moods and she wasn't going to complain. Her mother was exactly like him. Rumi nodded, watching as he trekked back to the television and she herself went up the stairs, already turning left and she opened the door, finding Harry's stuff already packed and him asleep in one of the chairs.

Rumi smiled, gently shaking him awake and Harry awoke, eyes going slightly wide when he noticed Rumi and a second later, he hugged her and Rumi urged herself not to cry. She knew Harry didn't want her to feel sorry for him but she couldn't help it. She knows the pain if loosing a loved one, as she lost her sister when she was one too and the only thing she could do was look at her photographs and hear the stories from her parents.

"I was waiting, then I fell asleep. How'd you get in?" Harry asked, letting go to get his things.

"Oh ━ um ━ Dudley opened up for me." Rumi replied, scratching the back of her head with her wand. "And yes, I nearly did die." She added in, seeing Harry's expression and she rolled her eyes when he made a kissy face at her.

"I don't understand what you see in him, he's a bloody prick."

"And you're going to make us miss the Portkey with your grandma pace, pick it up a bit, be Superman." Rumi smirked at him when he sighed, shaking his head.

She started calling him Superman when she found him one day in the common room, reading one of Dean Thomas' comic books. Rumi found it fitting, he always saved the day and Superman is cute and Harry isn't far from it.

"At least I am super, unlike someone I know." Harry told her, pulling his luggage behind him and Rumi snorted, swinging her arm over his shoulders and she planted a kiss on his cheek.

"You're cute when you try to be mean." She told him, laughing a little. "Now come on, mum's going to murder me should we miss it."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"𝙒hat are we looking for, Mr Cho?" Harry asked, climbing up the hill and he pulled Rumi up when she struggled a bit.

"I reckon something a muggle wouldn't pick up, right dad?" Rumi asked her father, who nodded.

"Clearly wizards haven't met beggars then." Haru bitterly muttered. He was Rumi's uncle, though he was adopted into the family. Rumi loved him nevertheless and he felt like real family. She was taught that family doesn't necessarily mean those who share the same blood as you, it means those who make you feel at home and safe. That's the true meaning of family.

"Just because you were attacked by a mob of them, doesn't mean you have to be so bitter." Zar reminded him and Haru stuck out his tongue at his older brother.

"Uh ━ I think I found it Mr Cho!" They heard Harry yell out and Rumi walked over to him, seeing an old, rat eaten tire and she grimaced.

"Do we have to touch that?" She asked her father, brow raised and he nodded.

"Now, just a finger will be fine." Zar reminded everyone and leaned forward, ready to touch the tire.

"Aren't we waiting for the Sohyes?" Rumi wondered out loud, trying to see if the family of five will appear.

"They left yesterday, and so did the ━"

"Not to ruin the father-daughter heart to heart moment there, but the Portkey is going to leave and it's going to leave us behind. In case you two yibbering buffoons didn't know, that's how Portkeys work." Haru shook his head.

Zar and Rumi exchanged looks.

"Yibbering buffoons? Why must you hurt us like this Haru?" Zar asked but leaned forward, extending his finger and Rumi stood next to Harry.

"I hate Portkeys with every single fibre my body can produce." She sighed, squeezing her eyes shut as she grabbed Harry's left hand, touching the Portkey with her own left hand and that's when they got swooped away.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───