Chapter 5

POV Blake

After about an hour of reading, I closed the book and just looked at her. She looked so cute sleeping in my arms. And it seemed like nothing could destroy that moment. And in her sleep, she didn’t mind my presence at all, which didn’t make sense at all but I didn’t care. As long as she was with me, I would be happy. And I was happy for the first time in a very long time.

What should I do next? I mean I never even considered myself being mated and it scared me. And she was human. I mean she already was scared of me.

What will happen, if I show her my true nature and with that myself. I hated staying so long in my human form but I had no other chance.

She would never give me the time to explain. But I knew I wouldn’t be able to stay like that forever. It drained my power to remain in my human form and it started to get hard to do that. I think tomorrow I am forced to show my true nature. But I will do it when I am alone. She isn’t ready for that!

I carried her back to our bed and I laid her under the blankets. She looked so peaceful in her sleep and I envied her for it. Sleep was a luxury you couldn’t buy with money and the nightmares from my past always kept me awake most of the night.

Last night was different. I slept for almost eight hours, which was more sleep than I had the whole week.
And it confused me.

How was she able to keep them away without doing anything?

I was brought out of my mind when I heard her whimpering. I directly walked to her side of the bed and started stroking her cheek. They were so soft and flawless. After a moment she started to calm down.

As I was about to leave the room to change my clothes the whimpering came back. So I changed into some sweatpants and no shirt and laid down next to her and hugged her to my chest. Like before, she stopped whimpering and went back to sleep peacefully. Her nightmares vanished. And I was helping my princess to get sleep without waking up all the time!

I laid next to her for a long time not knowing how to tell her my secret. If I don’t tell her, she will hate me when she finds out by herself but if I tell her now, she will be running away. She hates me and it would only encourage her to flee. And I know that she is planning
something like that already. The worst thing is, that I think that I won’t be able to stop her from running away. She is too important for me. I couldn’t bear to live a life where I can tell that she is unhappy.

How can I explain to her that I am not dangerous? At least not to her. She has me wrapped around her tiny fingers already, without her knowing. I knew it since the first time I laid my eyes on her.

And I would do everything for her. I will cherish her and she will be the most spoiled princess living on this planet. She could burn the whole city and I still wouldn’t care as long as she is happy and safe.

After some hours my eyes started to drop and I let myself fall into darkness. But not before I knew that my wings would be there when I’ll wake up in the morning.

-----next morning-----

It was eight o’clock when I woke up the next day. And again I slept peacefully and without nightmares of my past. I was still tired, so I didn’t figure out that I wasn’t in my human form. Instead, I was myself.

It took some time to realize that, because to me it feels natural to have wings on my back. And to be honest I kind of forgot that she was sleeping right next to me. But it was too late for my body and brain to react as I should have.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH….WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU? WHY DO YOU HAVE WINGS? YOU KNOW WHAT, I-I DON’T EVEN WANT TO KNOW. I WILL J-JUST LEAVE THIS PALACE AND GO BACK TO MY PARENTS. AND IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT ME YOU WILL STAY AWAY FROM ME. YOU-YOU ARE A MONSTER!! I DARE YOU TO FOLLOW ME. YOU SHOULD ROT IN HELL FOR ETERNITY…”

were the words that interrupted my thoughts. She backed away in horror.

And I just stared at my lap in defeat.

And it hurt. A lot. I always knew that I was a monster. But I tried to suppress these thoughts. But now that an innocent person like Eileen confirmed this, I lost everything. I just stared at her and nodded my head. Like I promised before: I would let her do everything as long as she is happy.

At that moment my heart broke into a thousand pieces. Maybe a million. I was numb and I couldn’t move my legs or arms. The only thing I was able to do was to talk. So that’s what I did:

“Okay, If you walk out of this room you will find a staircase at the end of the corridor which leads you to the ground floor. There you have to walk to the left side of the palace and turn two times to the right and one time to the left. There you will find a big black door. It should be the second door you will see.
Use this Key to open it. Behind is another staircase, which leads to an underground passage that will take you to our stables. Take my horse, his name is Alex. It is the last horse you will find and it has the biggest stable. He is a tinker with black fur. Ride home to your parents and live the life I can’t give you. The guards won’t stop you from leaving. Look after yourself, princess!”

Before I broke down I looked up and watched her nodding her head and leaving the room with the key. What she didn’t know was that she took my heart with her, even if it already was broken. From now on, I would live without a heart.

(A/N) I hope you don't hate me for what I did....but it is important for the story 🥺

Please write comments and vote for my chapters because it would mean so much to me!!!