The Fight (II)

A longer chapter for the long update :p enjoy!

Laxus could only move his fingers. Coughing, he once again tried desperately to move, but his effort was nought. He hated it. He hated feeling desperate. He tried calling out his lightning, but nothing came out. His magical powers were oddly depleted seeing that not a single spark light up. In general, his magical power restoration is faster than normal, but with the situation as it was, he definitely wouldn't make it. Let alone teleporting to another place, he probably wouldn't be able to produce a spark to evade the tentacle. Laxus cussed out loud and gritted his teeth as one of the tentacle stalking to him already got to his feet, slithering and wrapping around his ankle slowly, as if to mock his helplessness.

Laxus tried to wiggle out from its grip with the little strength he had left, but the grip was too strong. By the time the tentacle reached his waist, Laxus was panting hard. He kept telling himself not to panic and that a chance would show.

But when? He didn't exactly have time. He groaned in frustration. He's not one to give up, but then again, he never felt this helpless before. The tentacle was taunting him, its gaping mouth was drooling, ready to eat its meal. Meanwhile, the other tentacles began to closing in on him, too. Grunting, he charged his body with a little lightning. However, it vanished as fast as it appeared. Panic rushed over his body. He could very well hear his own heartbeat beating furiously, the tentacles were close. Some had even hovered around his face, contemplating which part to bite first.

He can't die yet. He can't. What about Lucy?

Those thoughts ran through his head over and over while he closed his eyes and clenched his jaw tightly, waiting for the attack.

Crack!

A loud whipping sound echoed through the cave suddenly.

Crack! Crack!

'Lucy Kick!' A familiar voice yelled, Laxus opened his eyes quickly, immediately searching for the owner of the sound.

His eyes widened once he landed at the petite yet tough figure landing a solid kick on the squid's eye. The attack connected and the squid screeched in pain, its tentacles that were surrounding Laxus waved around frantically. The one that wrapped around him also let go of itself and changed its target to Lucy instead. Seeing the squid writhed in pain confused him. Why did Lucy's attack work?

With much effort, Laxus managed to sit up while breathing heavily. He eyed his blonde girlfriend up and down fascinatedly. She was wearing an attire he had never seen before. Laxus stare agape at her cow pattern bra with sleeves and black leather pants that left her right leg revealed. Her gloved hands were gripping a black whip that she lashed out ever once in a while, switching between a kick and a jab. Her hair was put up in a two very adorable buns. He watched in awe as Lucy cried out something to her cow spirit and both of them lunged and punched the squid.

Laxus whistled. What an immense strength, the squid collapsed with a screech. His chest welled with pride as he stared at his badass girlfriend. The thought made him gulp. Was he still her boyfriend? Were they even still dating?

He shook his head. It wasn't like him to be distracted in the midst of a battle like this. Even if he was mostly useless and the squid was taken down, he still had to be cautious. Thankfully, he was right to be cautious. The squid got back up. Laxus noticed a couple of tentacles heading his way, baring its sharp fangs. It no longer slithered slowly like before, instead the tentacles charged at him with a full speed. Laxus knew it probably wouldn't have any effects, but he zapped the tentacles anyway. Smoke emerged, but the tentacles were still intact.