The Date

Lucy rummaged through her wardrobe, dumping clothes that seemed 'not fit' behind her back, making mountains of scattered fabric. She was frustrated. Why didn't she have any decent clothes? Why was she making this much ruckus over what to wear? She didn't even know why she said yes to his invite, heck it wasn't even an invite, more like an order. A statement! God damn, she wanted to smack his annoying, handsome face so bad.

She was practically forced to say yes! If not, he wouldn't leave her apartment. She should be annoyed, doing this out of obligations. Right? But why didn't she? Lucy slapped both of her cheeks lightly, resisting the blush that was creeping up to her cheek. She couldn't shake off the feeling that she was rather... elated. Was that the right word? No... more like, thrilled? Deep, deep down, she was thrilled, but she wouldn't admit that. Her ego wouldn't let her. Why? She didn't know. Maybe because of the fact that he affected her in so many ways, she didn't even understand herself. Her heart still beating hard, like it was going to burst out of her chest. Not to mention, she was so fidgety.

God damn it, that guy.

She cussed loudly. After she said yes, Laxus beamed like a child given a candy, her heart—much to her dismay skipped a little. She was annoyed by him and how he made her feel. Almost as if... No, there was just no way. They barely know each other. It wouldn't make sense. Lucy sighed loudly, staring at the spot where Laxus' furry coat was hanging. Right before he was about to leave, Lucy bolted to her closet and grabbed the washed coat from her hanger and gave it to him. He was surprised and said that she could keep it and proceeded to tease her about it. Of course, she smacked him quiet. As for his other jacket, it was laid neatly on her bed. She didn't want to wash it. It smelled like him and she liked it. Maybe she would give it back. Maybe not.

Although there was one thing that made her more frustrated; why was she worrying about what to wear now? The date's tomorrow. Lucy smacked herself mentally for her unnecessary eagerness. Despite saying she didn't have any choice, she was too eager for the date. Still hadn't found anything to wear, Lucy sighed defeatedly and picked up the clothes that were scattered earlier. Once everything was put back to the closet, Lucy sat on her bed leaned back while grabbing the green bomber jacket, holding it close to her chest.

She did say that she wanted things with Laxus to be something done on a regular basis—well, to be friends, she meant. Friends. Yes, friends. Were friends supposed to be nervous every time they got close? Wasn't him asking her to a date mean that he also wanted them to become familiar with each other? To become something... more? A blush crept up to her cheeks. Did he really care about her, like he said? But why? They are comrades, but the idea just seemed too far-fetched. Well, she guessed she just had to wait and see.

In the meantime, she had to find something to wear for tomorrow. Lucy didn't understand, why was it so hard to pick decent clothes? The idiot didn't even mention anything, he just smirked and left. The least he could do was tell her where they were going! What if she picked casual clothes and he took them to a fancy dinner? What if he took her to have dinner in the guild and she overdressed? There were so many things that could go wrong, she felt tired just by thinking about it. But then again, why did she think about it so damn much? Lucy could practically feel the gears in her brain shut down at the overthinking.

It wasn't even certain that he was taking her out to dinner. What if he invited her to his house? Lucy blushed at the thought. But he already went to her apartment and stayed the night! She really needs to stop with the dirty thoughts. But how could she? Just thinking about the guy making her shiver in delight which something she didn't expect at all.