III

6th - 7th, Month Aurek, 6 AFGE

Of course, trouble never leaves me alone. Gravity mines. Of course, there would be pirates on a large trade route. Of course, the Phoenix would be the one caught. Because why wouldn't it?

The Phoenix was pulled out of hyperspace sideways, shaking vigorously, throwing things about every which way. Fortunately for me, I was sitting at the command console at the time and didn't eat a face full of the floor. Right out the viewport, a single VCX-100 greeted me with its guns pointing, already firing warning shots. At the same time, they hailed us on comms. Alright, let's see what they want. I accepted the call.

A Twi'lek male appeared on the holoterminal. 'We have guns, missiles and torpedoes aimed at you; you stood no chance. So, play nice, would you? We'll be docking with you and taking whatever we want, offer no resistance and you'll be alright.' With that, he cuts off the call. Rude.

Sinya and our passenger came running into the bridge. 'What's going on?' Sinya asked.

'Pirates.' I told them, then pointed at the passenger, 'Go to your room and lock the door until we told you it's safe. Sinya, follow me, we are going to meet them cordially with our blasters.'

We waited for them at the docking port, Sinya in cover next to the door while I stood right at the door, lightsabre in hand, but not ignited.

With a rumble, they docked with the Phoenix. The fools really think we were going to let them walk over us. They will know soon enough. The airlock door opened and four people – two female twi'leks, the twi'lek male that commed me and a human male – walked through the door.

The twi'lek male opened his mouth, 'Move aside, girly, don't want that nice face of yours to be bruised, wouldn't you?'

The only answer he got was a lightsabre slashing through his head, he landed on the floor in four pieces. The other three immediately opened fire, as did Sinya. The two twi'lek females fell to Sinya's blaster, and the human got a sabre in his heart. We walked further into the VCX.

From the turret and the cockpit, a human male and a nautolan female came charging out, blasters firing. Sinya gunned the human down with a spray of bolts, riddling him with holes while I jumped straight at the nautolan girl. She stumbled back just in time to avoid the blow, and instead of firing her blaster, she pulled a vibroknife out and slashed at my head. I backed out of her reach and slash upwards, connecting her blade, then spin my own blade in a circle, twisting her wrist so that her knife popped out of her grip. At this point, I could practically taste the fear rolling off her signature. Perhaps she could be a recruit...

I punched her in the face with my sabre hilt. She slumped to the ground after eating a face full of beskar, then got dragged by me to the living area and promptly tied up with the durasteel restrains I found hidden under the seats of the couch.

The ship is ours, now I could run some larger hauling jobs. All without me paying a credit, nice. The only thing left is to search every corner of the ship to find every hidden tracker, listening device and else. Surprisingly, there weren't any trackers, this shows that they were most likely independent of other pirating groups, and a quick check of the ship logs also confirmed that. Finally, I changed the ownership of the ship to me in the ship's identification codes and called T7 over to pilot the ship, now named From the Ashes.

I returned to the Phoenix to inform the passenger of this recent development, then with the help of Sinya, we dumped the bodies out the airlock and incinerated them with the turret. After deactivating the mine, the ships, still docked together, jumped back to hyperspace.