XI

Morning, 25th, Month Jenth, 15 AFGE

It was early morning, the stormies should be up and about, ready for their dose of poison. In a tiny apartment in the downtown of Condor city, two imperials were knocked out again by an electric discharge from Z2. Aside from monitoring the feeds, which he could do via a direct connection to the monitoring console, he would also be monitoring the prisoners. He would keep the prisoners under until we had blown up the barracks and shot the governor. We would then have time to properly interrogate them.

'Alright, everyone knew their part?' I asked the people and the droid gathered at the front door. Everyone nodded, even T7. 'Alright, move out.' I opened the door.

We split into two teams, me and Emlita went one way, Sinya and T7 went the other way, each boarding a speeder. A short ride later, we had arrived at the parade ground. The parade ground was a long, straight road, several kilometres long. On one end, there were stages set up for the speech the governor will be making, and on the other end, there will be me, behind the scope of a rifle.

We found a nice, quiet rooftop to set up at, Emlita would be providing security for me, also acting as a lookout, in case anyone appears. Looking out from my scope, I saw a few stormtroopers awkwardly walking ng in their armour. Aha, so they found someone to prop as stormies. There were also some real stormtroopers in the mix, but those were few and far between. The governor wasn't there yet, but the crowd was certainly forming. Such love towards the Empire, I will be delighted to give them a fine show of the Empire's strength.

'It's almost time, yet the governor's still missing, I wonder why...' I muttered.

Speak of the devil, there he is. I trained the rifle on him, readying for the shot. I would wait, until his speech reached the climax, then I'll give the people of Condor city a real climax to remember for.

The governor strolled up onto the stage and instantly, on the entire planet, every holoterminal started streaming the events on the stage; the entire planet, was watching the governor made his speech.

'My fellow loyal citizens of the great Galactic Empire, welcome.' He started, of his grand speech. 'We had prospered, under the firm guiding hands of the Emperor. Praise to the Emperor!

14 years ago, this planet was enshrouded in war, treachery and death, our leaders betrayed the weak Republic, and brought our planet into war. We had suffered greatly as a result. Surely, you remember the treacherous Jedi, cutting bloody swathes through our people, innocent people that had never given offence to them! Surely, you remember, how the Jedi be burned down Blizzburg, with our families still inside? No more, the Emperor stopped the war, brought justice to the Jedi, and provided us peace, security and prosperity. Of this, we are all in debt to the Empire. Today, we gather, to celebrate the declaration of the formation of the First Galactic Empire. In the 14 years since its formation, Mullan had changed from a war-torn planet, where her people, in fear of the feral dogs calling themselves the protectors of the galaxy, dare not walk openly, to this prospering, stable land...' Oh, how wrong you are... 'with the average income three folded, the export amount doubled, crim rate down to almost non-existent, dissidents threatening the prosperity rooted out and prosecuted, false news shut down, and most important of all, order is restored! All of this was provided by the Empire. I must here, urge all of those who seek to destroy the order and prosperity of the Empire, stop in their tracks, for your plot, by the Emperor's will, will never succeed! Don't go farther down the wrong road. Instead,  be a productive member of society, tread the correct path of being a loyal citizen, and contribute to Mullan.

Over the course of the last year, our production value had increased by 5%, a thousand more dissidents were rooted out and another criminal organisation was vanquished from the surface of the planet. We had been able to raise enough funding to attract Sienar Fleet Systems to set up a TIE manufacturing line right here on Mullan. It was expected to bring in ten thousand new employment opportunities.