Chapter Five

He carries her straight to the infirmary, the route memorized from hundreds of walks there. Setting her down on the nearest cot, he picks up a bowl of water and a cloth. Examining the wound, he winces, knowing how close it was to fatal. 

It was much deeper than he'd thought. If she hadn't had the instinct to dodge... She'd be dead. 

Flushing out the wound with water, he dabs away at the dried blood adorning her neck. Once it's all been cleaned, he picks up a needle, some thread, and starts stitching. 

Wrapping a bandage around her neck, being careful not to choke her, he cleaned her other wounds- the one on her arm, and on her face. As he wiped the last bit of blood off her face, he was dimly aware of how close they were. He felt heat rising to his face in small waves, especially when she stirred. 

Cloudy forest eyes opened, lips slightly parted in shock. "Where am I?" She murmured. 

"Safe."

His voice was husky, but smooth at the same time, and she started a bit. "Dream?! What- what happened?"

"You... almost died?"

"By your hand, no doubt."

He shrugged. "All is fair in war."

But is it?

---

Wot 200 words exactly

Anyways... Idk, does anyone have questions? Votes, follows and reads are all greatly appreciated! I'm just starting out, so... Yeah :) seeya!