Chapter 3

Bold CAPITAL - Who is singing

Bold Normal - Present camper singing, talking in song

Bold Italics - Singing

--------------------------------------------------

Chiron hated to stop their fun but he stomped his hoof and everyone's head turned to look at him.

"As much as I would like to hear it all, it's almost curfew. We only have time for one more song."

"Awww." complained Apollo.

Chiron fixed him with a hard gaze and Apollo hunched in his seat muttering under his breath. Complaints were heard in the audience but they obliged.

"Anything to say before this next song, Percy?" Will asked. His hand was hovering over the play button.

"Sure. After the previous song, Grover found us, and we drove as fast as we could towards the border. It's also the part where I found out Grover is a satyr. This next song is named The Minotaur/The Weirdest Dream. This is the second shortest song of the whole musical. Um, there isn't anything else to add. I think you can tell from the title what it's about."

He stood to the side as Will started the song.

SALLY - Grover you need to get Percy to the border. When I say run, run.

PERCY - What about you?

SALLY - You're the one it's after, Percy. I love you so much.

The campers jumped at the beat drop.

SALLY - Ready? On three: One, two... Run!

GROVER - You heard your mom!

PERCY - I'm not leaving her!

GROVER - Percy, come on!

PERCY - If Mrs. Dodds was really a monster, I hope you're really a sword. Awesome!

A Hermes camper looked confused. "But I thought you only got Riptide when you were leaving for your first quest," she said confused.

"I did. This was just for the song purpose. As I said, it's not entirely accurate." Percy explained.

"Oh. Okay."

PERCY - Hey! Ground Beef!

Grover erupted into bleating laughter.

"What's so funny?" Nico asked him.

"He actually called the minotaur that to its face," Grover explained in between laughter.

The others caught on and started laughing as well.

Percy turned to Grover. "I thought you were unconscious during the fight?"

"Not in all of it. I only remember small bits. That was one of them."

SALLY - Over here. Yeah, you. You want my son, you have to answer to me!

[Sally screams]

PERCY - Mom, no! Mom! I got him!

[The Minotaur explodes into dust.]

GROVER - Percy! Don't pass out. Don't pass out. Don't pass out.

"Why-" Annabeth started. Percy cut her off.

"Someone had to get knocked out. The others agreed it should be me." He shrugged. "The next part's my favorite though."

The others turned back to the recording.

PERCY AND Percy - Is this real? Am I dead or am I dreaming? Am I underneath the ocean, or are my eyes just streaming? This is weird. Oh look, A strange man in a Hawaiian shirt.

"Poseidon." The Athena kids agreed.

POSEIDON - What belongs to the sea can always return to the sea. It's a seashell.

PERCY AND Percy - Like I said, weird.

Is she real? I must be dreaming. She's floating close to me like an angel or it's seeming.

Annabeth blushed as she realized he was talking about her. Piper saw the blush and grinned cheekily. The Aphrodite cabin squealed at the mention of Percabeth.

PERCY AND Percy - This is weird. But a good weird. I've never seen a face as beautiful as-

ANNABETH - You drool when you sleep.

Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Thalia fell to the floor laughing. Percy had told Thalia about it when they were getting to know each other. Even Chiron's lips twitched upwards.

Everyone looked confused. After about a minute, Leo said, "Alright. I'll bite. What's this all about?"

Annabeth, who was the only one that recovered enough, explained the situation. Giggles, chuckles, and full-blown laughter were heard all around. It took ages to calm everyone down. After they stopped, Annabeth exclaimed, "You just had to include that, didn't you?"

He put his arms on her shoulders.

"Of course, Wise Girl. And if I were you, I'd be prepared to hear more quotes."

"How many did you include, then?"

"I honestly don't know."

"All right, campers," Chiron announced. "It's light out. The faster you go to bed, the faster we can continue tomorrow."

With a lot of grumbling and complaining, the demigods made their way to bed.