Reality Check

We had flown back to Boston the same night. Currently we were snuggled on the bed into each other in front of the TV. I was almost asleep, as Chris stroked my hair.

"Babe ?" he asked

"hmm" I replied sleepily. 

"I wanted to give you somethin" he says. I sit up, cross legged in front of him.

"What ?" I ask. He doesn't say anything, just gets up and goes to his closet and fumbles in the drawers before pulling something out. Before I could look at it, he quickly hid it behind his back. I frowned a little.

"I know you didn't want anything extravagant so I hope you like this" he says.

He pulls out a blue velvet box and my eyes go wide as I see the most beautiful wedding ring I've ever seen.

Here comes the tears.

"Oh god ! Do you not like it ?! We can get another one !" Chris says frantically.

"Shut up Christopher." I say laughing. "I love this !" I say wrapping my hands around his neck. He smiles widely and slides the ring on my finger.

"Although I remember telling you not to spend too much" I say looking at him.

"Aw C'mon ! This is not too much" he whines

"It is ! You basically put every diamond in the store on this ring !" I say twirling the ring on my finger. It felt right, there.

"C'mon ! You like it right ? Then what's the big deal ?" he says and I nod in agreement. He slides into the bed beside me.

"I had a question" he says

"Ask away" 

"Would you move in with me in LA after the wedding ?" he asks. I smile brightly and lean in to kiss him.

"Thought you'd never ask" I say as we pull apart. I've never seen him smile so widely, well until now.

"So, who's gonna be the groom's best men ?" I ask still admiring the ring on my finger. It felt surreal as to how my life changed just in the span of a year. The reality of the situation had started to sink in.

This would be my future. Our future. Falling asleep beside the love of my life every night, talking about our day. Helping each other through hard times. 

"Scott, Sebastian, Anthony and Ryan" he says smirking

"Wait, Ryan ?! How the hell is he on your side ?" I ask pouting a little. He chuckles.

"You forgot we went to the same school once upon a time. I knew him not only as your brother in law but as the football team captain" he says and I sigh.

"This isn't fair. Who will walk me down the aisle ?" I ask as I realization sank in.

"Sweetheart, I know it's hard but your dad is still in the picture" he says.

"No. Not after what he made my mom go through. I would walk down the aisle alone but I won't do it with him" I say instantly rejecting the idea.

"Okay ! I can ask Robert right ? He's on my side now don't you dare make him change sides" I say and he raises his hands in surrender.

"Deal" he says.

"So, who's going to be the maid of honor ?" He asks

"Nikki, Scarlett, Lizzie and Mellie. Oh and Jonah wanted to be my maid of honor too until we told him what it was" I say giggling at the look of horror that came on his face.

"That boy is the best" Chris says chuckling. 

Suddenly the bedroom door opens and Dodger and Cooper come rushing onto the bed.

"Hey boys" I say scratching both of them behind the ears.

"Looks like we have company today" Chris says and I smile.

"I don't mind" I say as I sink down into the mattress. I turn to face Chris, instinctively he wraps one arm around my waist pulling me closer. Dodger and Cooper lay by our feet.

"I can't wait to start my life with you sweetheart." He whispers as he connects our lips for a sweet and passionate kiss.

"Me either" I say as we both drift off to a peaceful sleep.

This was the only reality check I needed. He was always by my side, I was too. This is going to be life, and I can't wait.

=============================================================================

Sort of a filler chapter for a longer chapter coming up ahead. I couldn't keep you guys waiting !

Yours Truly. <3