Chapter 33

~1 Month Later~

The doctor was so right about my symptoms, they hit me like a fucking truck in just a month ! It felt as if all I did these days was throw up and groan in pain. Chris was being super caring and protective which I secretly liked, but if this would go on for the next six months is might get annoying. My bump had started showing, not too much but enough for the press to go haywire. Chris loved caressing the bump and talking to it. Although he was sure it was a girl.

"Chris, where are the painkillers ?" I ask rummaging through the cabinet. 

"I think the weekly dosage was over yesterday. I was about to head out to buy the meds" he says.

"Okay, and while you're at it do you mind getting some Ice-cream ?" I ask and he nods smiling.

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his waist, burying my face in his chest. He massages my shoulders earning a content sigh.

"I'll be back soon, love you" he says kissing my forehead.

"Love you too" I say sitting on the couch, as Dodger rested near me feet and Cooper slept in his bed.

#Chris's POV#

I quickly buy all the required meds and walk back to the car. I couldn't stop thinking about how my life, our lives were going to change. I was beyond happy, even when Erica would be mad at me or snapped at me. I loved her and she was giving me everything I've ever wanted.

 I was on the freeway, heading to Gelson's to buy the Ice-cream. I saw the store in sight but just as I was about to turn, a truck came out of nowhere slamming right into the passenger's side, flipping my car over.

I could hear the driver call for help and someone calling 911, and then everything blacked out.

#Erica's POV#

I glanced at the clock for the fifteenth time. It shouldn't have taken this long, to be honest. I stroked Dodger's fur mindlessly. A loud knock on the door brought me back to my senses. I stood up and made my way to the door.

"Scott ?!" I exclaim taking in his appearance. He looked disheveled, eyes puffy and red.

"What-What's wrong ?" I ask, an uncomfortable feeling settling in the pit of my stomach.

"E-Erica, Chris was in an accident"  he says

I feel nauseous and dizzy as I stumble backwards, Scott jumps forward and holds me before I collapse on the floor. I clutch his jacket tightly as sobs rack my body. He held on to me tightly as I wept for what felt like an eternity.

"I-I n-need to g-go see h-him"