Dead men walking

Alright darlings- I'm double posting today because I have literally one chapter left to write. Thanks to my stockpile, that means a total of (likely) 4 more chapters for you all. 

"Romanoff," Fury snaps his fingers and points towards the door. Natasha moves without question, exiting this room and entering the other. It still baffles me how well they work together. Especially Fury and Natasha, but the others too. They all work together so seamlessly. I can't think of the last time- or any time- that I've worked with anyone like that.

"What, we don't get to beat her up?" Sam complains. Through the glass, Natasha grips the girl's shoulder in an iron grasp, and she tries to twist away. Fury presses a button and the glass fizzles from fuzzy to grey.

"Beat who up?" Fury asks innocently. Loki loudly scrapes a knife. Why is Loki in here? Why is he here at all? What purpose does he serve?

"Madeline, outside," He gestures to the door. I grit my teeth and behave myself, stepping out.

"Ready to tell me up front that you don't like me?" I say sweetly as the door latches.

"I already said, I don't trust easily. Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye," Fury says in a low voice. "Forgive me for wanting to be sure."

I roll my eyes.

"As if channeling her wasn't proof enough!" I shout into the hallway. The one person heading towards us turns around, silently running away.

Fury sighs into his hands, muttering something about emotional fish.

"That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I appreciate it, I'm saying thank you, but I'm also saying that one thing won't be enough to prove to me that you are on our side." He says in a low voice, fists on hips, making strong eye contact with me.

I roll my eyes and turn around trying to figure out what to do now. I'm stuck here, with these people who don't trust me, yet I'm expected to be there for them. There is a woman two anguishing feet from my face who has information that is all that I need to get home, yet here I am, waiting for them to do something about it!

"I'm also saying I want to give you some more privileges," Fury says quietly, "Since you've proved that you can be trusted with shield information, I'd like to give you access to our entire database." that catches my interest. I slowly turn around with a raised eyebrow.

"The entire thing?" He can't be serious. "You're going to give me access to your entire database- but you're not going to let me eat lunch by myself?" I snap, furious. And from where I'm standing, rightfully so.

Fury sighs and opens his mouth to say something, the door whips open behind us.

"Sir, you'll want to see this," Sam says seriously, leaning on the doorway. Fury doesn't respond, but walks back into the room. I follow him, not really sure how I feel about the whole thing.

Back inside the expectation room Loki is staring through the glass which is now back to being see-through, and in his hand, clutched in an iron grip, is yet another knife. Romanoff is talking to the woman, and she looks quite mad. Bucky presses a button and sound filters in from the other room, so we hear why exactly Natasha is so upset.

"I don't know anything else," Alina Rust says. "I just know that we took her, and that will do anything to keep her."

"Who's her?" I ask the boys, looking around in confusion. Loki shakes his head and looks toward me, clearly upset.

"One of your Sisters," He says in a deadly low voice that says he is just as angry as I now feel.

"What?" I demand, my power rising in harmony with my emotions, just as I'm constantly reminded to avoid. "Which. One."