Chapter 3: A deal with a Reunion

"Alright dear, what do you want to eat?" Carrie asked Lauren as they got ready to take their orders. Lauren looks through her menu and then looked to the waiter. "I'll have the tomato soup and grilled cheese." "And I'll take the bacon cheeseburger with your garlic fries." Carrie places her order and gives the menus back to the waiter. "Excellent choices. I'll be back in just a moment." He leaves their table and Carrie takes off her jacket. "It feels so comfortable in here. Don't you think?" She asked Lauren and she nodded in agreement.

Amelia and Daniel come in through the front of the restaurant and approached their table. Carrie looked up from her glass of water and turned to them. "Mom?! Dad?!" The three immediately hug each other and Amelia began to bawl again. "You're okay sweetheart. I was for sure you would have gotten hurt." "We found out who caused the situation with the chasing of you away and we handled it along with Plotz." Lauren cheers while listening to her uncles old Don Knotts tapes and Carrie crosses her arms. "If it was Brain, I am not surprised. We have been feuding for the past year about the whole popularity crap.."

Daniel and Amelia pulled up some seats to discuss matters further. "Alright hon.. First off, yeah it was, and second.. Plotz decided to cut a deal. He wants you to come back under an internship. We did mention about the circus gig you're getting, and he will let you have the summers off to do that." Carrie looked up in interest. Being back in the studio for something would be alright with her. At least she'll be where she really belongs. "Wow really? But what if Brain finds out and come after me again?" She asked almost worried. Amelia places a hand on her shoulder. "Don't fret dear. We kicked him out as well as his show. I'm sure they got condemned to living with Elmyra for the rest of the time." Carrie sighed in relief, but was a bit hesitant about the deal. Something so sudden was a bit of a big deal for her. Even for standards of today. "This is ultimately your decision, and we won't judge you for your decisions." Daniel reminds her and he and Amelia both get up from their seats. "In the meantime, we should be going home. It's getting quite late. We're just glad that you're okay."

Carrie waved goodbye and watched them go. The waiter came back with their orders and placed them down. "Enjoy you two. And have a terrific night here." He leaves them to eat and Lauren stops the tapes, setting the player in her coat pocket. The two of them began to eat their food in delight. "Isn't this exciting mom? We'll both be back in the studio again." Lauren gave a huge grin, and Carrie pats her head. "Yes it is.. I think I'll call Plotz in the morning so I won't disturb him."

(The next morning.)

Carrie submitted the file to Morty and was sitting down on her day off, watching TV. She looked to her house phone and sighs. "Being back in the studio would be nice." She picks up the phone and called up Plotz, waiting for an answer. After a couple of rings, he answered. "Warner Bros. Studios. You've reached Mr. Plotz." He spoke through the phone and Carrie sighs out. "Hello Mr. Plotz, it's Carrie. I've had some thoughts about the deal my mom and Dad talked about.. I'll do it. Anything to be close to the studios again." "Excellent Mrs. Nelson, come in on Monday and we'll be all in with the internship." He ends the call and Carrie looks in the mirror. "Well, here we go again.." She heads upstairs, looking through her closet of what to wear for the big day.