Chapter 16: Memories From Long Ago

"There was a also a scrapped song for Carrie Me Away to Burbank as well at the very beginning of the book." Carrie tells the press people. "It was made for me when I get close to the studios and when it's over, I pass out just like in the book." She begins to think back to the deleted song that was scrapped and what it would have been like if it was added.

(Back at the beginning.)

Carrie had just gotten out of the airport as she had landed in Burbank. She flags down a taxi after getting her bag from the luggage drop off. "Taxi!" She called and stepped inside. "Where to this late at night ma'am?" The cab driver asked her and Carrie gave him the fare. "I want to be dropped off near the Welcome sign sir." Confused, the taxi person obliged and brought her there. It was a bit of a drive, but as soon as he stopped at the sign, she gets out and began to run to the studios. The man looked at the many dollar bills inside and felt touched. 'That girl was going to go places.' He thought as he drove off. Carrie had no idea where her feet would end, she had no idea if she could find it.

Some time passes and Carrie stopped for a moment, resting up before the morning light. "Oh what am I doing with this.. Nothing is going to be there." She leans against a tree just staring endlessly into the night sky. She reached into her luggage and then pulled out a music box her father left her from when she was a baby. It was an all gold piece, and very valuable. One that he had when he was a kid. She pushed the button and it opens up to play a sweet and soft melody. Her eyes gazed on the toy inside spinning inside, which was her and the three toons she saw in the vision she created. 'If that's what they look like..' Her thoughts rang and she began to sing to herself a melody her father taught her before he passed.

"Dancing Birds, Painted Toons, things you'll always remember." She looked at the footprints in the little bits of snow. From her fluffy boots so her feet wouldn't freeze. "And the girl, a toon that sings.. Once Upon a Cold Winter." Carrie began to walk again, while looking at the little music box, playing it's melody. She hugged onto herself, a self embrace as her mind flowed with the thoughts of living among the toon stars.

"Three toons hold you, safe and warm. A cast prance through a silver storm. Everyone dancing gracefully, across my memory." She then hears voices singing to her as wisps surround her and they opened up a mysterious entrance, and Carrie gasped, knowing what it was. The entrance of ToonTown finally opens up again, and the residents gathered to listen to the Melody. Some even came out to sing and dance with her.

Carrie sings along with the voices, a glow surrounding her. Not far from her, Yakko, Wakko, and Dot open up the door to the tower and hear her voice. Dot points to the glow in the distance. "That must be our other half." "It might be!" Wakko climbs down as the sun rises and the others follow him.

"Three toons hold you, safe and warm. A cast prance through a silver storm." She bowed before the toons and they gave her many beautiful things and sweet treats. "Everyone dancing gracefully, across my memory." With a little magic from the blue fairy, Carrie spun around into a beautiful and very colorful dress. She felt light she was on cloud nine.

(The dress

(The dress.)

"Far away, from my old home. Glowing dim as an ember!" She was doing a ball room dance with some of the Looney Toons, even miscellaneous people. "Things my heart used to know. Things it yearns to remember.." Carrie began to grow tired as she sees the three figures in the distance.

But her attention was drawn away to Serafima and Eddie Valiant's gaze. She curtseyed before them before getting on her knees. "And the girl, a toon that sings...." Serafima knelt down before her and covered her up with her blankets, giving her a kiss on the forehead "Once Upon a Cold Winter!" She puts the music box back into her luggage and then passes out as Yakko, Wakko, and Dot found her in her state. Back in her regular clothing of course.

"Whoa, what happened to her? She looks so parched." Wakko spoke, pointing to Carrie. "The poor thing looks hurt. Should we call for help?" Dot asked her brothers and Yakko raised a finger. "Uhhhhhhhh... I think we should help her on our own. We can't just leave her out here. She'll freeze to death." And they carry her back to the water tower. This was the start of a very big adventure that would start Carrie's freedom