𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒

I'm barely able to open my eyes, the sunlight too bright. I hear voices around me resembling my family. As I sit up and wipe my face, I see the faces of mother, father, Griffin. Mother lunges herself at me, beginning to cry.

"Oh my baby!! Are you okay?" She panics. I quickly notice my arm and leg wrapped in casts.

"Yes, I'm fine.." I mumble, memories of yesterday flooding my head. Father places a hand on my shoulder, a concerned look on his face. Mother takes her seat again, wiping her eyes.

"How much did you drink last night..." Father asks.

"I didn't drink-" I begin before feeling a sharp pain in my jaw, "I didn't drink anything."

"April, please don't lie to us... we're here for you." Father says calmly, but I knew he was most likely more concerned than mother.

"Father, I'm not lying. I didn't drink." I say again. He removes his hand and clears his throat.

"April.. we have some surgery paperwork to fill out. We will be back to tend to you, okay?"

"Okay.." I reply, laying back down in the hospital bed. He kisses my forehead and stands up out of his chair.

"Come on you two." He refers to Griffin and Mother. As my parents walk to the door, Griffin clears his throat.

"I think I'll stay for a little." He says, looking at them.

"Okay.. watch after your sister please.." Father says, opening the door and them both leaving.

Griffin sighs, facing me again.

"Alright dork.. how much alcohol did you really have?" Griffin laughs a little.

"I didn't drink at all!! Why does everyone keep saying that.." I raise my voice slightly, forgetting about my aching jaw.

"Aright uh.... sorry." He gets quieter, "you wanna talk about it still?" Griffin was very sympathetic and always listened to me.

"Do you ever regret.... lying to someone?" I ask, staring at the ceiling.

"Well.. yeah I guess so." He says.

"I fucked up, Griffin. I really fucked everything up." I feel my eyes begin to burn as I feel my tears arrive, "Before I really knew Payton.. This bastard at my school dared me to date him. I went through with it, I don't know why... but I did. Originally, I was just trying to complete the dare. But as time went on, I really fell in love with him. I shouldn't have accepted the dare in the first place... I didn't realize-" I gasp for air as the tear run down the side of my face. I sit up, wiping my eyes.

"April...." he begins, handing me a tissue, "I mean... being deadass with you, what you did was fucked. Payton has a right to be upset. But I know you really love him..."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he never forgave me. I was so ignorant and didn't care." I sob.

"He'll forgive you. I know he still loves you. You'll talk it out eventually... now, he probably won't forget about it, but I'm sure he'll forgive you." He rubs my arm, "It's going to get better." He whispered.

I let out a last sob before Griffin brings me into a hug. We sway back and forth as I think of everything I've done wrong.

Payton was everything to me. Truly. If it wasn't for him, I'm not sure I'd be as humble or nice as I am now. He's changed me. The hole in my heart seems like something that can't be filled.

I had forgotten about the dare ever since I arrived in Florida. My mind was so held-bent on other things that I completely forgot to tell him. I'm such an idiot.

I just wanted him back.

I sigh, releasing Griffin. I could tell my face was bright red from the tears.

"Don't think about it too much. You're already in a hospital bed, I don't want you to panic over anything right now." Griffin says, standing up and stretching, "We'll be back in a few hours." He says before leaving the room. I sigh, leaning back on the bed.
____________________________________

Hours have passed... After staring at the ceiling for awhile, I decide to grab my phone from the table next to me. The screen lights up, no messages from anyone, not even Zoe.

I assumed somebody would be concerned, but I guess not. I feel my heart ache, my eyes begin to water again.

I couldn't keep crying like this. Nobody had told me what was wrong with me yet, and nobody seemed to care either.

Just then, I hear the door quickly open. It was a doctor, Griffin behind him. He approaches me, pulling up a chair. He writes on his clipboard before giving me his full attention.

"Hi April... how are you feeling?" He almost whispers.

"Uhm.." I clear my throat, "I hurt everywhere... am I injured?" I ask.

"Well, yes. But it's not as bad as you think." He begs in, flipping the page on his clipboard, "Your leg is quite bruised and should hurt for awhile... You have a small bone fracture in your arm. Surgery is required, but this isn't permanent or life-threatening." He says.

"Thank you."

"Of course. Your parents have already signed and paid. Surgery takes place on the 19th of this month. You should be fully recovered by next month."

(A/N: I forgot what month it is so... idk somewhere between March-July)

"Mom and dad went to go eat." Griffin says as the doctor passes him and exits the room. I nod, "auntie Lori called.. she heard about what happened." I just sit there, staring at the ceiling once more. Griffin doesn't talk for a good two minutes. He takes a few steps closer.

"How did you get in the accident..." he says in a low tone, sitting where the doctor was.

"I don't remember exactly.." I begin, "I got into another fight." I breathily laugh, hoping he'd take it as a joke.

"Another one?" He asks. I nod.

"I started to have a panic attack, so I left. I was so out of it, I wasn't even paying attention. I just wanted to get home." I try my best to hold back to tears for the millionth time today. I wipe my eyes, sick of crying.

"You should have called me.. I was home." He places his hand on my arm.

"Nobody cares. Nobody texted.. or called." I sigh.

"People care, I promise you." He assured me.

"Griffin.. I always trust you... but this time, I think you're wrong."

He didn't say anything. He knew I was right. Somebody would have texted if they cared. I really only kept the numbers of my close friends anyways.

I turn to face him.

"You know I beat the shit out of her?" I smile slightly. Griffin breathily laughs.

"Did you? Go on, tell me how it went down." He smiled, leaning closer to me.

"Well, I just went after her.. she fell backwards too, it was hilarious." I laugh.

"No way. Somebody must have a recorded that.." he laughs with me.

Even if the world felt like it was falling apart, I knew Griffin would be here. I'm so thankful to have someone like him.

Ayo shawty 😜 things are getting good i guess Idk I really want a pet frog.

-b☹︎žzy