04

THE ADRENALINE RUNNING THROUGH HIS VEINS WAS AMAZING

THE ADRENALINE RUNNING THROUGH HIS VEINS WAS AMAZING. The high he felt with his hand him hers.

The wind coursing through their facing and pushing their hair back. y/n smiling while Todoroki was wide eyed.

He'd just stolen and gotten away with it completely.

Their legs could only carry them so far. They soon stopped their running and ended up at a empty park.

There were a few picnic benches and lampposts around. Silently agreeing to sit they made their way to a table under a light.

It was weird how Todoroki meet her two hours ago and they'd already gone through a lot.

She'd taken out a good amount of food for them to eat while taking a sip of the slushy they'd decided on sharing.

Opening a bag of chips Todoroki was hesitant on asking the questions on his mind. Looking at her to peaceful he didn't want to ruin it by bring back unwanted memories.

He looked down to the table in thought. He needed to get to know this girl before anything else happened with her.

"Peppermint, if your gonna ask me questions then ask me now." She said while eating her food. Her head was resting on the palm of her hand while looking at him.

Todoroki refused to look at her while asking his questions. His hair covered his eyes so he couldn't see her facial features he desperately wanted to see.

"Why did you run away?"

y/n laughed at how nervous he was. "Just look at me. I won't bite!" Reluctantly he looked her in the eyes.

Finally noticing her beautiful e/c eye color and h/c hair. He was so focused on her face he failed to notice the other things around it too.

He wanted to pick out the small things he noticed about her but he needed to listen to her talk before he could get that far.

"I ran away because it wasn't a good living situation. My mom died when I was little and my step-mom and dad aren't nice to me.

I've got a year until I'm an adult so I don't see why I can't just start early... Y'know?"

Todoroki's eyes widened when he heard what she said. "So your 17?"

Taking a handful of chips into her mouth she nodded her head wordlessly. Before talking again y/n swallowed her food down.

"Yeah I just turned 17. And since I made you tell me about yourself here's some information about me...

I went to a shitty school where I learned nothing. I had barely any friends. My family sucked. I needed to restarted my life and that's when I meet you."

Todoroki found it interesting how two people can come from completely different worlds. His family situation wasn't the best but he at least had his siblings to help... somewhat.

He kept pushing forward to become the hero he wanted to be. But this girl sitting in front of him, eating a mouthful of more chips, didn't have anything.

"Hey how old are you peppermint?" The words snapped him out of his thoughts.

"I'm 15, but I turn 16 on January 11th. But can I ask you a few more questions?" Todoroki asked the older girl. y/n nodded while shrugging her shoulders.

"You don't seem scared of the scar on my eye... why is that?" He looked her straight in the eye.

Silently she pulled up the sleeve of her sweatshirt to show a scar just like his. Maybe a little bit darker.

It traveled all around her forearm and slightly up her bicep. Some red splotches while other looked the same her her s/c skin tone.

"When I was younger my step-mom put my arm on the burner we have at home... she never admitted it to my dad either." She gave him a warm smile that also admitted confidence.

"I don't like to think about it much anymore because it's only a scar. It's pretty stupid if you ask me!

Not all scars are bad. That's why yours didn't scare me peppermint. If anything it makes you look pretty!"

Todoroki chose not to show it but those words made his heart beat. The light that shined above them wasn't enough to see the faint blush that spread across his cheeks.

To her maybe they were just words, but to him they meant everything. He finally found someone who he could relate to, and she called him battle scar pretty.

The the blank look that adorned his face he asked his second question. "Thank you y/n... my second question is why do you always play with the necklace you have on?"

Realization hit y/n's face as she pulled the necklace from the inside of her hoodie. It was a simple golden heart.

She turned it over so he could see the back of it. The Japanese writing on it wrote '私の愛' which translated to 'my love'.

"This was my moms before she died. She gave it to me as a reminder she'll always be here. She was a pretty strong lady so I'm sure she's keeping her word." y/n played with the necklace again.

The looked up to the moon in the sky as if her mom was right there looking down.

Todoroki wanted to tell her that it wasn't just her mom who was strong but her as well. She had the guts to pull life by the ropes and take control.

He admired her and was secretly excited to see where the night would take them.

I feel like I'm forgetting something about the character and it's eating me up

I feel like I'm forgetting something about the character and it's eating me up. And it also feels weird that nothing big it happening, all the chapters will be pretty low key. And if I did the math right(which I probably didn't) Todoroki would still be 15 during the sports festival, but were just gonna present for now. Vote, comment and follow.
Love you