63 He Will Be Alright

I popped my head round lexis door to see if she was alright. She was awake and on her phone and her face lit up when she saw me
"I'm going bed. Just coming in and checking on you like I said"
"I'm just debating whether or not I should text adam." I walked further in and she showed me the message she had typed out but hadn't sent
'you get home okay x'
"I think you should send it. He won't lie."
"You sleeping in Dom's room?"
"Yeah. You'll be alright in here on your own."

Lexis POV
"Can you stay for a bit till he texts back?" I asked as I pressed send. He sighed and sat down on the bed "He's typing."
'ye. Got home alright. I'm back at the house x'
"He's at the house."
"Well now you know he's alright you can get some sleep" I nodded and my phone buzzed again
'i know you should be sleeping. Go to bed x'
"Sorry for making you come in. Just worrying over nothing"
"It's alright. You comfy?"
"Yeah. You can go in there now. Just wanted you to stay in case it went wrong."
"Alright." He said softly "Just come in if you need anything alright?"
"Yeah. Okay. Night." He kissed my forehead gently
"Goodnight. Try and sleep yeah?"
"I will."
"Well that's all I can ask. That you try."

"Tom? Tom?" I shook him gently and he groaned
"Yeah lex?"
"Can I come in here with you?"
"You need to sleep on your own darlin'. It's not healthy for you to always be with me."
"Please. Adam texted and told me that Dom is in hospital. Said he drank too much. What if he tries again?"
"Cmere." He said shuffling over so i could get in beside him "Hell be alright."
"How do you know that?"
"I don't. But I guess when you don't know you just have to hope." I nodded and turned onto my side my back to him "Lex do you want to go home tomorrow?"
"I just want to go and see if he's okay."
"We will get somewhere to stay yeah? Somewhere other than the house."
"You'd do that?" I turned over and he was a lot closer than I thought making me jump. He chuckled a little at me
"Yeah. If it made you feel better." I started to tear up and I launched myself at him causing him to roll flat on his back and me laid on top of him still gripping him tight "You still need to sleep. And we can sort it all out in the morning."
"Okay." I said weakly as I was still a little overwhelmed. I settled on his chest nudging my head up slightly to bump his chin
"But if it gets too much you can always come back here yeah?"
"I know." He nodded and both of us lay there in silence for a few moments "Why are you doing all this?"
"Cus I love you."
"But growing up guys never showed me attention. And if they did it was ones who just wanted sex and Dom would swat them away pretty quickly."
"Well. Sorry to disappoint but I don't fancy shagging you." I laughed "I just don't like seeing you hurt. You're like my baby. I gotta take care of you" I rolled my eyes but i felt my heart jump a little.
"You make me sick." I joked 
"Shut up and go to sleep."

"Lexi. Lexi love. You need to wake up"
"Why?" I whined letting my face fall flat onto his chest. I could feel it vibrate as he laughed at me
"I texted Colson last night. After you went to sleep. Which believe me was a fucking miracle since you were lay on top of me. He's gonna come pick us up and take us to go see Dom."
"What time is he gonna be here?"
"Just get up. You've got to pack at least a day or twos worth of stuff. We'll get a hotel."
"I'll pay half. I have some money saved. Just a little. From some pictures."
"You don't need to do that. If you want to spend it on anything buy us a takeaway."
"Okay. I can do that"
"Well you can also get up." I shook my head and he started tracing his finger along my spine in hopes to tickle me into getting up
"I wouldn't do that if I were you" I warned
"Why? Does it turn you on or something?" He joked. I chuckled a little "Ewww" I started laughing and flopped onto the bed beside him
"I'll get up now. But that was funny as fuck"
"Just shut up. You need to pack your stuff."
"What if I don't want to pack my stuff" I crossed my arms across my chest like a child
"Cmon Lexi. No stropping right now I can't be arsed with you."
"You sound like mum when she made me go to college." He got up off the bed and started packing up enough to suffice for the few days we were away
"Gee thanks. Nice to know I'm in my twenties and sound like your mother."
"If it's any consolation I love her very much" he didn't say much and all of a sudden threw me over his shoulder causing me to squeal. He carried me through to Jems old room where all my stuff was and threw me down on the bed "Was there any need. I would've walked eventually"
"Well eventually isn't soon enough"

"We are not seeing Dom today." Tom said looking up from his phone. I looked up from where I was sat on the bottom of the stairs
"What? Why?"
"Because he's coming home tomorrow. And taking you to a hospital isn't good for you. I don't want you to freak out."
"He can't go home. He's not well enough"
"The doctors think he is."
"Doctors could still be wrong. Besides they won't have assessed his mental state. Probably just think he got wasted on some night out." He sighed "Sorry. I just worry about him."
"I think that's record time"
"What for?" He sat down beside me
"An apology" he tapped my nose
"Alright don't push it. I'm only nice to you cus youre my ride."
"What? When I don't have a car."
"Whatever Tom."
"You know you love me" I rolled my eyes. He nudged me with his elbow and kept doing it trying to get a response "Lex are you alright?" I decided to play him and pretend he bothered me "Lex I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." I couldn't hold it together any longer and I started laughing "Don't do that you dick head. Genuinely thought I upset you."
"I'm sorry"
"It's alright" he said "Just don't do it again. I don't like seeing you upset." There was a knock at the front door and he stood up slinging my backpack over his shoulder and holding the other one in his hand "Let's go."
"Promise to-"
"Yes Lexi. For the millionth time I ain't gonna leave you."  He waited and crouched down to be eye level with me when I got close enough "you ask and we go. Got that?" I nodded and there was another louder knock at the door. Tom opened it "Impatient are we Colson?"
"It's cold out here man."
"Welcome to sunny England mate" Tom joked patting the man's shoulder "cmon you. Get in the car"
"She lets you speak to her like that? Man if I did that I'd get a punch in the face"
"Damn right Kells. So don't you try okay" I warned. I ran up to the car like a little kid
"Yes ma'am!"