Chap 29

Hey guys I'm back, thanks for understanding with my rest week and honestly I think I needed it, this chap turned out better than I thought and I have a lot of new ideas. So thank you.

also sorry its a little late

-------------------------------------------------------------

The night was dark and the group was huddled around a soft glowing fire while Sokka was telling the group a horrible horror story, Everyone yawning out of boredom and (Y/N) almost falling asleep on Toph's shoulder. Sokka was waving his arms around 'spookily' to emphasise his story "Suddenly, they heard something down the hall in the dark. Oooh ... It came into the torchlight ... and they knew the blade of Wing Fung was haunted!". The whole group looked unimpressed while Sokka had a huge grin but Aang rained on his parade by saying "I think I like 'the man with a sword for a hand' better."

Toph scoffed and rubbed (Y/N)'s arm softly as she began to talk "Water Tribe slumber parties must stink." (Y/N) nodded softly and laughed, leaning into Toph more before saying "I mean it's not like you'd know". Toph glared and elbowed (Y/N) making her recoil while laughing, Katara eventually butted in saying that she had a story to tell as well.

She began and slowly everyone's bored faces turned into either a look of shock, fear or both. Suddenly after Katara had finished her story Toph stiffened up causing (Y/N) to fall to the ground in shock and fear "Wait! Guys, did you hear that?, I hear people under the mountain. And they're screaming." (Y/N) laughed nervously and said "Babe very funny...But not now please" Sokka laughed nervously taking (Y/N) side "Pfft! Nice try. That was a terrible prank Toph"

Toph who now looked serious but concerned responded to the two "No, I'm serious. I hear something." With her new attitude everyone was now on edge, (Y/N) especially. She ssat back up and gripped Toph's arm a little in fear, Katara tried dismissing the situation with a couple excuses but suddenly according to Toph the screaming just stopped.

At this point Toph was attempting to comfort (Y/N) by pulling her closer and rubbing her back, eventually Aang stuttered out "All right, now I'm getting scared. I don't wanna go to sleep'' There was a small eerie silence. But only for a moment. When a voice calls out from behind them "Hello, children."

The Gaang all simultaneously screamed at the top of their lungs with (Y/N) jumping back and accidentally hitting her head against a tree. They looked towards the forest to see an elderly woman approach the group "Sorry to frighten you. My name is Hama.You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night. I have an inn nearby. Why don't you come back there for some spiced tea and warm beds?" The group hesitantly agreed and followed Hama back to her Inn.

(Y/N) was pretty happy that they were actually able to sleep in a proper bed for once, while sleeping on the ground was okay. But an actual bed would be a good change. The group had sat down around a table and (Y/N) watched as Hama poured tea for them, once she got to (Y/N)'s cup she poured it in and (Y/N) gladly thanked her. Katara began talking with the lady and began talking about how people had begun disappearing during the full moon.

This made (Y/N) jump a little and tighten up out of fear, Toph seemed to notice and mouthed to her 'You okay' while softly holding her hand, (Y/N) with a small smile squeezed her hand as a response causing the blind earthbender to smile.

Softly (Y/N) let go of her hand and took the cup of tea, noticing it was a little colder than she would have liked. She began to heat it with fire bending causing Hama to flinch a little and ask "You're a firebender?", (Y/N) peered over to the woman with a small nod "Yeah I am, but I was raised in the earth kingdom. I don't know who my biological parents were" she explained, while going back to sipping her tea.