Now A Coma??

//Catra's Pov//

We finish up at practice and everyone is whispering about Adora. The football team ended their practice early since none of their captains are there, nor is the medic. The rest of our practice was a blur. I could not stop thinking about Adora. I rush back to my dorm and text Crop Top & DT.

Group Chat: Catra, DT, Crop Top

Catra: Do you guys want to meet at the hospital or what?

Crop Top: We can all ride together if you think that will make you feel better.

DT: I am fine with whatever as long as I'm not driving.

Catra: Okay be ready in ten and I'll come pick you guys up.

Crop Top: Uh.. How are we all going to fit on your bike?

Catra: Hey dummy I have a car too.

I toss my phone on my bed and take a super quick shower. I get out and throw on some sweats and scramble around to find a hoodie. I can't find one so I settle for an old cheer shirt, as I walk out of my room I see Adora's door open. I go to close is and notice her new football hoodie is sitting on her bed along with the rest of her apparel they have to wear this season. Someone must have dropped this off while we were at practice. I grab the hoodie with her last name on the back and head out the door. I go over to the reserved parking for students and find my car. I pull back the cover and expose the bright cherry red paint of my Dodge Charger. I throw the cover in my trunk and head over to pick up DT and Crop Top. I pull up and the dumbfounded look on Crop Tops face is priceless.

"THIS IS YOUR CAR?" Crop Top says nearly passing out.

"Yes now hurry up and get in." I say frustrated because I just want to see Adora. They climb into my car and I speed off to the hospital.

"Is this a Scatpack?" DT says feeling my dashboard.

"Wow I am impressed you know what a Scatpack is." I say to them as I continue to drive.

"I maybe a drama queen but I still know a thing or two." They say as they shoot me a side eye.

"What's a scatpack?" Crop Top chimes in from the backseat. 

"I am not explaining this to you right now, just look it up." I say as we pull into the hospital parking lot. 

We jump out and rush inside, as we're walking up tp the front desk I see Sparkles in the waiting room. I wander off to see her while DT and Crop Top talking to the receptionist.

"Hey Glimmer how are you holding up?" I say as I place my hand gently on her back.

"I'll be fine, I'm just really worried about Adora." She says letting my hand rest on her back.

"Have you seen her yet?" I say as the worry starts to rise in my voice.

"No. She's still in surgery and we haven't heard anything yet."

I nod slightly as I start to pace the waiting room. Hours go by, which feels like an eternity, with no word on Adora yet. Her moms arrived a few hours ago but I've been too much of a wreck to have a conversation with them. They sat next to me very quietly and occasionally would ask if I wanted anything from the vending machine or something to drink, I would always shake my head no as a response. They still always made sure I had a water and some type of snack regardless. We were in the waiting room for six hours before Sparkles mom suggests they all of us go back to campus and get some sleep, which we all refused. How would I be able to sleep while Adora is here? I can barely sleep without her let alone while she's in the hospital. When I finally start to doze off in the waiting room chair, DT nudges me awake. As I start to open my eyes I see a man in a white coat talking to Adora's moms. I shoot wide awake but the look on their faces makes my stomach turn. Once he's done speaking he very calmly walks away and Adora's moms come back and sit down next to me again.

"They just finished surgery and she's in a stable condition." Netossa says as she looks around the room at all of us. "However she's in a medical induced coma to help with her pain and healing process. They're not sure how long she'll have to be in the coma for, but as of right now it's at least a few days."

I can see the tears start to form in the corner of her eyes even though she's peering at the ground now. She's trying to stay strong for all of us but we all know she's hurting. 

"At least she's in stable condition and she will get better." Sparkles says as she wipes tears from her eyes trying to show a smile. "She's safe and taken care of, she's in a hospital and I know they will do everything in their power to make sure she's okay." 

"It's all going to be okay, but we have to take care of ourselves in the mean time so that way Adora isn't worried about us when she does wake up." Crop top chimes in. 

With that everyone starts gathering their stuff and shuffling around getting ready to leave. I feel a lump being to rise in my throat, as if Adora's moms could sense it they begin to walk towards me. I am staring at the ground with both of my fist clenched like I can't control the tenseness of my body. I feel one of them put their hard on my shoulder and it's as if I became like water. I begin sobbing into them. They throw their arms around me and I begin to cry harder. 

"I am so sorry. This is all my fault." I cry muffled into their embrace.

"Don't say such a thing Catra, we know about the disagreement the two of you got into before hand but that doesn't mean that this is your fault. No one is to blame here, sometimes things like this just happen." Spinnerella whispered as she placed her hadn't on the back of my head while squeezing me in a little tighter. A few moments pass and my crying barely lets up. "Would you like to stay with us for the night?" She chimed in seeing I couldn't pull myself together. 

"No it's okay I have to get back to our dorm and try to clean it up before Adora is able to come back home." I blurt out knowing what I really meant was I'm not going to be able to sleep so the least I can do is not keep you both up as well. 

"We insist, I don't think any of us are going to be able to sleep the least we can do is keep each other company." Netossa said looking at her wife who nodded her head in agreement. 

"O-okay I guess, I just don't want to be a bother." I said scratching the back of my head. 

"You could never, Glimmer, Bow, would you like to come over as well?" Spinnerella called as they headed towards the door.

"We would love to, as long as theirs room for us." Crop Top said walking over towards us.

"Their is always room for you two, you know that." Netossa said trying to smile through her tears.

"May DT come?" I asked with a small quiver in my voice.

"Of course, they are more than welcome. Would you all like to go home first and grab some things and then meet us at the house?" They say in unison as we all head out the door. 

"I'm going to take Bow and DT back and we're gonna grab our stuff, do you need us to pick up anything on our way over?" Glimmer calls out as they being to walk to her car.

"No sweetie just bring yourselves and some pjs, and the stuff you're going to need for your classes tomorrow." Spinnerella says before she ducks into her car. 

I can't help but turn around and look back to the luminescent hospital, hoping Adora will be okay before I get into my car and head back to my dorm to grab my stuff.